Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Take A Second

    Take a second and remember that amidst this speculation and bickering over a phone, that Japan was just hit with a massive earthquake. It really puts things into perspective when we go from laughing about release dates to a huge earthquake rocking Japan and threatening almost 20 countries with tidal wave destruction. At my latest update, 30 people were confirmed killed. Millions are without power, the cell phone towers are down, fires are rampant, and billions and billions of dollars in damage are stacking up as tidal destruction flows through the countryside like lava.

    I'm sure I'm not the only one with friends or family in Japan. Just keep in those people in your thoughts.

    EDIT: Sorry to the mods that this isn't strictly Thunderbolt news, I just feel like it's important enough to warrant a thread for this community.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    +1

    I have been following the news online ...this is really saddening

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  
    BoSu's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default

    It doesn't put anything into perspective. Terrible things happen to people every day everywhere in the world. Can't let these things take away from talking about what you want to talk about.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoSu View Post
    It doesn't put anything into perspective. Terrible things happen to people every day everywhere in the world. Can't let these things take away from talking about what you want to talk about.
    I would ask only a second of your time to think about our brothers and sisters in Japan. If that's too much, okay.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeksy View Post
    Take a second and remember that amidst this speculation and bickering over a phone, that Japan was just hit with a massive earthquake.
    Thank you. My mother is in Narita for a conference and I had no idea. I need to call my father and get an update.
  6. #6  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeksy View Post
    I would ask only a second of your time to think about our brothers and sisters in Japan. If that's too much, okay.
    Not only that, we have troops stationed over there. Everyone involved is in my prayers
  7. #7  

    Default

    I've been following up on this too, as much as we are frantic on the phone's release, the situation in Japan and other surrounding countries at risk of a tsunami are more important. Please pray for the safety of our family (literally or figuratively) in Japan.
  8. #8  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default

    This just shows how awesome our community is, thanks to everyone for the support
  9. #9  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    It's not just Japan. Tsunami is about to hit Hawaii 3am local time and US west coast around 8 am PT.


    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    whiteshadow001's Avatar

    Posts
    1,204 Posts
    ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    It's not just Japan. Tsunami is about to hit Hawaii 3am local time and US west coast around 8 am PT.


    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Oh man, one of my good friends is stationed there I hope they evac soon
  11. #11  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    All US personnel in Japan are reported to be safe.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default

    +1

    My thoughts and prayers go out to people there.
  13. #13  

    Default

    +1

    Makes the wait for a phone pretty trivial.
  14. #14  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddsrepair View Post
    +1

    Makes the wait for a phone pretty trivial.
    I still want the phone so bad but the catastrophe in Japan has now distracted me. They just found like 300 bodies on the Japanese shores. It is so painful to hear of such a high loss of human lives.



    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default

    My father and step-mother live in Hawaii now and last I knew my father was back in Ohio for a job he had to do at Port Columbus, but my step-mother is a real estate agent with Sotheby's in Honolulu, so I think she's still there.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    My father and step-mother live in Hawaii now and last I knew my father was back in Ohio for a job he had to do at Port Columbus, but my step-mother is a real estate agent with Sotheby's in Honolulu, so I think she's still there.
    On a lighter note, I always chuckle when I hear Port Columbus. Quite a name for an inland airport in the midwest.
  17. #17  
    libraryclg's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF 2.0-beta4.01

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddsrepair View Post
    +1

    Makes the wait for a phone pretty trivial.
    +1 Indeed it does.
  18. #18  
    Suillira's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default

    There's always one....


    And yes, it does put things into perspective...hoping the casualties are at a minimum....
  19. #19  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NyStrongest View Post
    I rember somthing years ago..... when japan slaughtered the service men and woman of pearl harbor....... I doubt they felt bad for us.... back to thunderbolt news please...
    That was wartime. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. US replied four years later with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But all that is behind us. Any loss of human lives in a natural disaster of this magnitude is sad - regardless of nationality, religious faith, creed or skin color.

    And we are still talking about Thunderbolt. Like I said earlier, yes I still want Thunderbolt so badly. I want to get my Thunderbolt yesterday. But hearing of this devastation makes my heart break. That's just me - doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way. My two cents. But getting a vibes of "they are japs we don't care" .. I could not stop myself for expressing myself more.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    That was wartime. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. US replied four years later with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But all that is behind us. Any loss of human lives in a natural disaster of this magnitude is sad - regardless of nationality, religious faith, creed or skin color.

    And we are still talking about Thunderbolt. Like I said earlier, yes I still want Thunderbolt so badly. I want to get my Thunderbolt yesterday. But hearing of this devastation makes my heart break. That's just me - doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way. My two cents. But getting a vibes of "they are japs we don't care" .. I could not stop myself for expressing myself more.
    +1 Amen to that one brother! Im on the West Coast " I'm out by the Pacific to be specific" and when i woke up this morning at 5:00 am we woke up with a tsunami advisory and looking at those images on TV... man i have to tell u, i would not have liked for myself or anybody here to be in their shoes. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default

    I have a friend stationed in Japan, facebook tells me he's ok...my prayers go out to everyone affected. Or is it Effected...always get those two mixed up...
  22. #22  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,614 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NyStrongest View Post
    Tell that to my grandmother that lost three sons there that day
    I am sorry to hear that. I really am.

    I was just trying to say that times have changed.
  23. #23  
    MyMeth's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

    Default

    My family lives in Japan I'm glad that they are alright. My prayers to all the victims of this devastating calamity.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default

    Make sure that your family checks in. The Japanese gov't is urging people to stay off the telephone and cell lines for non-emergency calls. Tell them also that google has a person finder like the did for New Zealand.
  25. #25  
    Suillira's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NyStrongest View Post
    Tell that to my grandmother that lost three sons there that day
    I don't need to, my grandfather lost two brothers that day and his response? "My heart goes out to them..."


    So you were saying?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions