Pre-Ordering

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Dad just got off the horn with the VZW sales line:

Geeksy's Dad said:
She said "Where did you hear it was going to be released on the 17th". I thought oh ****! I said you had been researching this for months and I called the local Verizon store and they said it would be the 17th.

She said that information SHOULD NOT have been released by the store. But, since I knew it, she would take a pre-order for our phones!!!!

Bring on the pressure with the sales line, and you will get a pre-order.

Also:

Geeksy's Dad said:
She said that the data plan is still the standard data plan (as far as she knows) for either 3G or 4G (for now).

This is confirmed. I will either have a picture of my new Thunderbolt by Friday, or I will post a picture of me eating my hat.

And I friggin love my hats.

tlinnert

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just called twice. First rep said nothing can be done until Thursday. Meaning no pre-orders. Second rep said no pre-orders but she was happy to call me when she got into work at 2:00 p.m. I declined as I will be calling first thing in the a.m.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just called twice. First rep said nothing can be done until Thursday. Meaning no pre-orders. Second rep said no pre-orders but she was happy to call me when she got into work at 2:00 p.m. I declined as I will be calling first thing in the a.m.
Actuallly, you can call her on your new Thunderbolt when she comes in at 2pm! :D

-Frank

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Dad just got off the horn with the VZW sales line:

Bring on the pressure with the sales line, and you will get a pre-order.

Also:

This is confirmed. I will either have a picture of my new Thunderbolt by Friday, or I will post a picture of me eating my hat.

And I friggin love my hats.

Did you actually get a confirmation number? Because in my experience all they do for a "pre-order" (when they aren't officially taking pre-orders) is write your name down on a piece of paper and if your lucky they'll remember to enter it when the phone becomes available to sell in the system.

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you actually get a confirmation number? Because in my experience all they do for a "pre-order" (when they aren't officially taking pre-orders) is write your name down on a piece of paper and if your lucky they'll remember to enter it when the phone becomes available to sell in the system.

Geeksy's Dad said:
So we are all set, I've pre-ordered them. I will get a call from her on the 17th - probably while we are on the road to actually place the order. We will get them on the 18th. While we might have been able to get them at the store there was some doubt about them being out of stock when I got there. So, even though it will be day later we should definitely have them on Friday.

I'll see if we got a number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463