Thunderbolt hotspot policies?

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hotspot has nothing to do with unlimited. My point is that if a carrier is giving us bandwidth, we should be able to use it however we want.

I can understand why they put data caps - if you are going to be using insane amounts of bandwidth you should be doing so with a premium connection - but I don't understand that they can then tell us how we are allowed to access the data.

Hotspot really is no different than smartphone usage except maybe you chew through data quicker. If you want to put a data cap on hotspot data, fine by me, but don't make me have to pay for that bonus; I'm just going to run Wireless Tether otherwise.

As a consumer I agree but if I put my business hat on it makes a ton of sense. Infrastructure is not cheap.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
htc thunderbolt free hotspot trick?

will the htc incredible free hotspot trick without root work with the thunderbolt? and could somebody tell me what the htc incredibles trick was?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
will the htc incredible free hotspot trick without root work with the thunderbolt? and could somebody tell me what the htc incredibles trick was?

The only thing I can answer with, is that Hotspot on this phone will be free for use until May 15th. After that, you'll either have to pay $20 for a 2GB limit, or find another alternative (which is what I believe you're doing right now :p ).

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
courtesy of NCX:

basically the phone uses two different addresses when you use different connections:

3G - "yournumber@vzw3g.com"

hotspot - "yournumber@dun-vzw3g.com"

Hotspot uses the same authorization address as the aircards use, which is a DUN username.

Remove dun from the username and make it the same as the user name on the 3G username and voila, FREE hotspot!

to access EPST here's the tutorial, if you have a Droid Incredible, or EVO you can try it out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

##778 - hit call/send

a popup will show up: click "edit mode"

PASSWORD: 000000

Access: M.IP Default Profile

Click: DUN NAI

remove DUN from your user name (it should look like an email address when you remove dun, make sure there are NO spaces (ie: @vzw3g.com)
(basically make sure it looks exactly like this "yournumber@vzw3g.com"

YOURNUMBER is what your phone number would be in the address
Once your done, click OK

HIT MENU (capacitive button) click: COMMIT MODIFICATIONS

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It will ask to reboot (not always)

Then voila, FREE hotspot and Tethering :p

Your welcome :p Now, isn't that more painless than having to root if thats all your gonna use ROOT for until a good custom rom arrives? ;)

THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON HTC PHONES, THE SAME METHOD CANNOT BE USED ON MOTOROLA OR OTHER BRANDS!!!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Isn't LTE completely different type of network security and they will see all data you have coming from a specific source now. My vote is the trick will no longer work, but I hope I'm wrong.

Kazer

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not sure if it'll work for LTE, but couldn't you still use the trick for 3G if you aren't in an LTE area?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user