Best Buy insurance plans for Tbolt

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered and everything...but not sure what the insurance plans are like for their mobile phones, anyone have an idea? and is it worth the extra cost? Is there a way to get an extended warranty plan through vzw if it may have more coverage? Anyone have an opinion on BBY's insurance plans?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered and everything...but not sure what the insurance plans are like for their mobile phones, anyone have an idea? and is it worth the extra cost? Is there a way to get an extended warranty plan through vzw if it may have more coverage? Anyone have an opinion on BBY's insurance plans?
when I add a line im going to insure my phone through verizon. I didn't even consider insuring with BB. I think I pay 7 dollars and some change extra a month to insure my son incredible. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Kyle L

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
so i can walk into vzw, same day i pick up the phone and ask for thier insurance, even though the phone will have been bought at BBY?

umbasa

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i asked that same question to a verizon salesperson at the store and they said that they currently will if it is within like a 14 day window of activation. that being said i dont know if that is company policy or just that store to sell more insurance plans.

edit: oh yeah and i would say its worth it. i have had to replace my eris like 4 times due to me being accident prone and not thinking before i jump off of things. i havnt paid anything extra. they hand me a phone and a receipt that has a bunch of zeros on it.

Reactions: Kyle L

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
i asked that same question to a verizon salesperson at the store and they said that they currently will if it is within like a 14 day window of activation. that being said i dont know if that is company policy or just that store to sell more insurance plans.

edit: oh yeah and i would say its worth it. i have had to replace my eris like 4 times due to me being accident prone and not thinking before i jump off of things. i havnt paid anything extra. they hand me a phone and a receipt that has a bunch of zeros on it.
Yup I think as long as it is within the 14 days you can add it to your plan. Best thing to do is call Verizon and ask them.

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I just called vzw and the sales guy said i will not be able to get an insurance plan through them if the phone is bought through a 3rd party retailer, even it is BB...thats what i got...so it looks like i'm kinda stuck w/ BB, anyone have any other ideas?

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just called vzw and the sales guy said i will not be able to get an insurance plan through them if the phone is bought through a 3rd party retailer, even it is BB...thats what i got...so it looks like i'm kinda stuck w/ BB, anyone have any other ideas?

Be careful with BB since their insurance does NOT cover theft, loss, or water damage. The VZW rep I spoke to told me you CAN add insurance to the phone if purchased at BB; just decline the BB coverage. This seems to complicate matters a bit.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Be careful with BB since their insurance does NOT cover theft, loss, or water damage. The VZW rep I spoke to told me you CAN add insurance to the phone if purchased at BB; just decline the BB coverage. This seems to complicate matters a bit.
This is crazy different reps say different things, I just contacted Verizon customer service rep she said BB could add the (verizon insurance) I wasn't satisfide and asked to speak to a supervisor, when I spoke to her she stated that it doesn't matter if phone was purchased through BB I am still a Verizon customer and at purchase BB will add the insurance, Because the phone did not drop yet she did not know what the insurance would be for the TB, therefore she had to call the insurance company (asurion) but unfortunately asurion did not pick up so she gave me their direct number so that I could ask (888 881-2622) she was nice and contacted BB to make sure that they knew this, I was on the phone while she did it. This is just in case anyone wanted to know how much the insurance would be before tomorrow.

Reactions: thedeceiver

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, one more question. i currently have insurance through Verizon for my OG Droid. I was assuming it would just carry over to my TB... right?

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So, one more question. i currently have insurance through Verizon for my OG Droid. I was assuming it would just carry over to my TB... right?
TB insurance prices may be different that's why she didn't want to quote me the old prices but instead gave me the insurance company number if I didn't want to wait until he phone drops tomorrow.

Reactions: miss chris

fatrob

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

From what i was told it DOES cover water damage but not theft or loss. Does Verizon cover these.....??

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
From what i was told it DOES cover water damage but not theft or loss. Does Verizon cover these.....??
I was told it covered lost or stolen but you have to pay the decutible. Here is information directly from the open enrollment form:
Coverage for loss, theft, damage (including water damage), and mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
BB called and set up appt for tommorrow!! while i had her on the phone, i asked her about the insurance plans...9.99 month, put on credit card, not bill, covers water, battery damage, damage to the screen, and is 2 or 3 years, cannot remember... if they can't fix it they send it out and give you a loaner...