Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default BB vs. VZW

    So usually I would go to best buy, but I was thinking I would trade in my OG droid to get some money off the Bolt, do I need to go to a vzw store for that? Also, what is the price difference going to be? and is there a rebate I need to be worried about?
  2. #2  

    Default

    they are gona give you like 15 bucks for your OG. i would keep it in case something catastrophic happens to your TB and you need a backup phone.
  3. #3  
    Ricom1's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    I don't know if they're offering the same special not...but the VZW that is INSIDE the BJ's store (it's a Sam's club style store) use to offer a $50 gift certificate to BJ's with the order of a smart phone. This was in the past 4 months or so. I emailed the guy working there to see if they're still offering something similar. Will let you know if they are. The downside is that it's a kiosk inside BJ's, so their stock isn't as big as a brick-n-morter VZW.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricom View Post
    I don't know if they're offering the same special not...but the VZW that is INSIDE the BJ's store (it's a Sam's club style store) use to offer a $50 gift certificate to BJ's with the order of a smart phone. This was in the past 4 months or so. I emailed the guy working there to see if they're still offering something similar. Will let you know if they are. The downside is that it's a kiosk inside BJ's, so their stock isn't as big as a brick-n-morter VZW.
    And you wouldn't be able to get the NE2 if you go to the BJs, right?
  5. #5  

    Default NE2 upgrade discount?

    Does anyone know if BB will honor New Every 2 upgrade discount? I'm guessing no but it seems they should since they are an authorized seller.
  6. #6  
    Ricom1's Avatar

    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veverkap View Post
    And you wouldn't be able to get the NE2 if you go to the BJs, right?
    The Kiosk at BJ's is a VZW store...so if you could get the NE2 at VZW, then it would be the same at BJ's (I'm assuming)
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheeta186 View Post
    So usually I would go to best buy, but I was thinking I would trade in my OG droid to get some money off the Bolt, do I need to go to a vzw store for that? Also, what is the price difference going to be? and is there a rebate I need to be worried about?
    I thought the trade-in program was only an online thing? Two reps at two different stores told me it was. I wish I would have traded in all of these phones I have laying around. I could have gotten like $50 Lol Better than nothing
  8. #8  

    Default

    Use eBay's buy back program or Gazelle. They'll buy a Samsung Reality for $70, so I would think they'd take a Droid 1 for more. You may not get it right away, but for the week longer wait you'll probably make $50 or more.
  9. #9  

    Default

    As for my thought on Best Buy or Verizon, I've probably stated this at least 3 or 4 times already. Even though I used to work for Best Buy and I even activated phones, I am never going to Best Buy to buy a phone ever again. I left right before the mobile department turned into "Best Buy Mobile" and it seems like ever since they changed to Best Buy Mobile, they've been horrible.

    I was burned once by them so I'm never going back there to buy a phone. Anything else is fine, but not a phone.
  10. #10  

    Default

    @WebDevAnalyst - can you share your experience with BB mobile? What went wrong??
  11. #11  

    Default

    Im going to try my luck with BB as they do (according to a few phone calls) in store recycling as I am not willing to wait for a check and plan on burning the giftcards that day to reduce my out the door cost of what will be the most expensive phone I have ever purchased.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
    they are gona give you like 15 bucks for your OG. i would keep it in case something catastrophic happens to your TB and you need a backup phone.
    If you go online they say they will give 55 bucks for an OG droid
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elai1108 View Post
    Does anyone know if BB will honor New Every 2 upgrade discount? I'm guessing no but it seems they should since they are an authorized seller.
    No they do not.

    Sent from my INCredible phone

Posting Permissions

B