So what is everyone getting rid of to get the Thunderbolt?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
This is probably the only time I'll ever admit that I am actually looking forward to crapping my pants.

I'll be retiring my Curve 8330. While my BB pales in comparison to these new Android superphones it's lasted me almost 3 yrs and has been rock-solid dependable as a communications device. I only hope the Bolt will be as good.
The only thing I would prepare you guys for is battery life. After my 9000 got an updated firmware, it would last for days on a charge. The Thunderbolt is not going to do that at all. If you use Gmail in particular, you will get notifications immediately just like BB email...plus you can get free texting with Google Voice and those are also instantaneously received. I never missed a beat as far as communications and notifications. That said I do still have a soft spot for BlackBerry. I still have my 9000 and my original 8100 BB Pearl.

Battery life not withstanding, i think you guys will be thrilled with Android.:)

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I would prepare you guys for is battery life. After my 9000 got an updated firmware, it would last for days on a charge. The Thunderbolt is not going to do that at all. If you use Gmail in particular, you will get notifications immediately just like BB email...plus you can get free texting with Google Voice and those are also instantaneously received. I never missed a beat as far as communications and notifications. That said I do still have a soft spot for BlackBerry. I still have my 9000 and my original 8100 BB Pearl.

Battery life not withstanding, i think you guys will be thrilled with Android.:)

Oh... man... groundhoggin...

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This will be my first droid, first smart phone and a huge upgrade in technology for me.

2103850699_e254522d1c.jpg

Seriously though, I'm replacing and Lg Env3

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sir! Maybe I could get NCX to make a wallpaper for TBN!

I'm imagining a giant, clenched up fist with TBN in front of it, with the Android dude shadow outline in the background with his eyes glowing... kind of a dark picture, maybe some lightning or electricity sparks going off. AWESOME.

I'll prescribe you some...

Pills.jpg

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm imagining a giant, clenched up fist with TBN in front of it, with the Android dude shadow outline in the background with his eyes glowing... kind of a dark picture, maybe some lightning or electricity sparks going off. AWESOME.

I'll prescribe you some...

Pills.jpg

That'd be epic!

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
In order of priority: Im first and very much foremost giving up (kicking to the curb) AT&T, and my iPhone on said craptastic provider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz