I played with a tbolt yesterday speedtest info!!

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I went by the vzw store yesterday and they had a few bolts I was able to do a few speedtests on it it was around 12-15 megs download the upload file on speedtest app doesnt send enough data so im pretty sure the upload is skewed...

here is my speedtest.... no skype baked in either so ill be using tango to video chat!!! the phone was awesome I cant wait until tomorrow!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/38190751.png
38190751.png

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
your tellin me i have a droid x now it was so fast compared to this thing lol.... on my dx i get usually half a meg to 1.2 megs so i was downloading 7meg apps in the market in like 2 seconds !!

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
speedtest is always in megabits per second... my home internet is 13megabits so the thunderbolt is as fast as my home internet.

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first true 4G phone using LTE on VZW? Therefore, no traffic yet until the TB hits the streets tomorrow?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
those are some impressive numbers--

but i believe, reading somewhere else on this forum, that the speedtest app doesn't measure accurately. the only way to get a more precise reading is to go to speedtest.net on the browser and test through that.

still..i want to believe those high numbers

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll be able to try LTE out at the airport soon after.

Can I use wifi on the plane? How!?

Depends if the plane offers it. I was going into Tampa last week on US Airways and the plane had wifi on it. I used my iPad (work device, never would purchase) and my Eris on it.