Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How early to get to store for a bolt?

Has anyone gotten any info from their stores about how early we should be there before opening? My local store couldnt tell me how many units or how much they were expecting but said there wasnt a lot of hype around this phone (obviously they dont read the forums lol). I know it all depends on how many units and every stores demand will be different. My store opens at 9, how early should I plan to go?

Quote Originally Posted by ISUVetMed View Post
    Has anyone gotten any info from their stores about how early we should be there before opening? My local store couldnt tell me how many units or how much they were expecting but said there wasnt a lot of hype around this phone (obviously they dont read the forums lol). I know it all depends on how many units and every stores demand will be different. My store opens at 9, how early should I plan to go?
    check out the stickied thursday thread

Best Buy just called me. I had pre-ordered the TB a few days ago. They are making appointments for pre-orders to come into the store before they open to pick up their phone!!
    SOOOO COOOOLLL!!!

I would get there before the store opens up. I have a 9am reservation with my Verizon sale rep but I had my name on the list for over a month. The store I'm getting mine from is getting about 50-60 units. Again the earlier you be there the better chances of you getting the phone. Just my 2 cents.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

I just called and made an appt. at my verizon store. Try doing that first
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jmsdvs View Post
    I just called and made an appt. at my verizon store. Try doing that first
    I talked to their manager and they said verizon stores were told they weren't allowed to preorder or make reservations. They said best buy and some of the other retailers could but their stores could not. They open at 9 and that was the best they could do

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

I talked to their manager and they said verizon stores were told they weren't allowed to preorder or make reservations. They said best buy and some of the other retailers could but their stores could not. They open at 9 and that was the best they could do
    Man that sucks. My guy happily took my name down, I asked for 9am but he had someone then so 10am was my next best bet. Took my info, said he would be there personally. Looked up all my upgrade stuff and even told me the final price. He even offered for me to come in and look at the ones they got in just to make sure I wanted one, and I told him "OH I want one" lol

Weird.... I called today to confirm my reservation for Thursday. Unless they are no longer accepting reservations but not allowing reservation is bull. Trust me I have one.

If you're in Cincinnati, like me, I would say about 5pm , but if you're anywhere else I would go in as early as possible. I wouldn't show up much before they open though, I really don't see that being necessary unless you feel you're in a small market and the store wont carry many. Just depends on your city. I'd guess it wouldn't be a problem if you went in before noon.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jmsdvs View Post
    Man that sucks. My guy happily took my name down, I asked for 9am but he had someone then so 10am was my next best bet. Took my info, said he would be there personally. Looked up all my upgrade stuff and even told me the final price. He even offered for me to come in and look at the ones they got in just to make sure I wanted one, and I told him "OH I want one" lol
    Yeah they wouldnt show me a demo unit either, they said they arent allowed to put it out till tomorrow. Sounds like I just got a store that does it by the books, to bad there isnt another one close to me I guess if they are out ill call customer support and have it friday.

ROM
    Bamf 1.10 Cubed

I went in yesterday to check. They took my name and said they'd hold one for me. I'm going in at opening time anyway but at least won't concern myself with waiting in line before they open.

I got to play with one they had charging on the desk. Really nice!

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

All the stores near me open at either 9AM or 10AM which is 2 hours before work!!

I doubt in my area there will be a big rush for them, most likely will just be people who just happen to be there but I may be wrong

but, it's a college town that's on spring break

I'm thinking about going down to check them out, still not 100% on buying since my area isn't even on the coming soon 4g list and I'm not sold on the size

we shall see, I feel like buying it just b/c of all the time I spent waiting on it!

I'm wondering what the rush is really going to be like in Los Angeles. There's gotta be hundreds of VZN stores here and I don't see this turning out to be like an iPhone launch.
    T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now...

I suspect that there is a crapload of us waiting to get the phone tomorrow but I also bet that we are pretty spread out all over the country. A lot of people will just order online and if the stores get a reasonable amount of phones then I think we wont have too much trouble walking in and getting one, especially if we live in an area where there are multiple locations. Now if supply is a problem and stores only get like 3 to 5...

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

My Verizon store called me and said to be there tomorrow at 10 am.

Like many of you, I've been worried about VZW stores having enough stock for this phone so I went to my local VZW corporate store today to ask whether I should buy it online or at the store. I explained to him that I was worried that when I got to the store it would be sold out because I would be busy until 5 pm, now I'm going to paraphase what he told me but it was something along the lines of this:

"I can say for sure that it won't sell out by tomorrow, we have more than 100 units at this store, we learned from our mistakes with being understock with phones like the storm 1 and iphone (I almost let out a sarcastic laughed when he mentioned the iphone) but we won't make the same mistake with this phone"

As always, as I know with this forum, take it for what it's worth or with a grain of salt, etc, but thats what he told me.

Another note is that I don't know if every store will have this many units as I live in Long Beach, Ca. (just south of LA) which has a population of over 400,000 people, so it might vary with how many units a store gets depending on the density of the population. All I know is that I have a better chance of getting a tbolt by tomorrow now since this store has over 100 of them

The store was the Los Altos store in Long Beach btw, sorry I forgot to mention that.

Just called my area. I'm 2nd in line and they are only getting 4 phones!!!! Woohooo

Just called my store (San Jose - blossom hill) They said no appointments and the 1 year contract pricing was not in their system. On top of that, I said I'll show up at 9 am (store hours listed on VZW website) but she said they just changed their hours and that they now open at 10 am. Thank goodness I called since I was planning on getting there at 8:30 am.

I know at the store I'm going to, they didn't have any pre-orders yet, so I think it mostly depends where you're at. However, they weren't getting any phones on release unless they had a pre-order for one.

ROM
    TeamBAMF Paradigm

Yup my wife and I went in to preorder one for each of us yesterday. Got a call this afternoon saying yup we'll have them available tomorrow and we'll hold them for you until Saturday.

WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by earsly View Post
    Just called my store (San Jose - blossom hill) They said no appointments and the 1 year contract pricing was not in their system. On top of that, I said I'll show up at 9 am (store hours listed on VZW website) but she said they just changed their hours and that they now open at 10 am. Thank goodness I called since I was planning on getting there at 8:30 am.
    I guess I'll see you there if I can get out of my 10:00 meeting. What, 9:30?