Is there a flaw in my plan?

born2run

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a family share plan with 2 phones - my DInc and my wife's dumb phone. I want to add a line for my sister and in the process use the new activation to get the TBolt at the $249 price. Then switch the TBolt to my line the DInc to my wife's line and the dumb phone to the new line for my sister.

Questions:

1) Can I change the line a data plan is on?
2) Will the SIM card in the Bolt have to be changed for a new one?

Just left Best Buy (I have a pre-order) and they let me mess with the demo unit, I WANT THIS PHONE!!

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a family share plan with 2 phones - my DInc and my wife's dumb phone. I want to add a line for my sister and in the process use the new activation to get the TBolt at the $249 price. Then switch the TBolt to my line the DInc to my wife's line and the dumb phone to the new line for my sister.

Questions:

1) Can I change the line a data plan is on?
2) Will the SIM card in the Bolt have to be changed for a new one?

Just left Best Buy (I have a pre-order) and they let me mess with the demo unit, I WANT THIS PHONE!!

I believe that if you change the line that that Thunderbolt is on within 6 months Verizon will charge your account for the difference between the upgrade price and off contract price, but I'm not entirely positive on that one. As far as the sim card, if it works like GSM sim cards, the sim card will be tried to your sister's phone number and that cannot change, you would have to get a new one.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I believe that if you change the line that that Thunderbolt is on within 6 months Verizon will charge your account for the difference between the upgrade price and off contract price, but I'm not entirely positive on that one. As far as the sim card, if it works like GSM sim cards, the sim card will be tried to your sister's phone number and that cannot change, you would have to get a new one.

That's only if you order from somewhere like wirefly. They don't have any of those closes if you actually get it from Verizon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech