TB Battery Charging w/Samsung Charger????

xrated

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I sincerely hope that this question has NOT been ask before and if it has, I apologize and could you point me to the thread that the answer is in. So, with that in mind, here is my question.

Obviously I'm getting the TB and I presently have a Samsung Omnia II phone and a couple of car chargers for it. Since both the TB and the Omnia use the micro usb plug on the end of the cord, can I SAFELY use the Verizon brand Samsung Omnia car charger to charge my new TB? Please refrain from guesses and conjecture here, as I want to know 100% FOR SURE that it is OK to do. The question will involve whether or not the two different brands send different voltages through the micro usb and thus could damage the new phone.

Thanks in Advance!

Oh, BTW, I did do a search before I posted this and hopefully didn't miss it.

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes! You can use it without any problems. USB is standardized in the voltage it provides. Hence the name, Universal Serial Bus.

Case in point - I have had multiple phones with mini-usb ports, and all of the accessories I have bought for them are interchangeable and work fine.

Also - I have AC adapters with just a large USB port at the end, which I can use to charge any of my phones, bluetooth headsets, mice, etc as long as I have the correct USB cable.

I wish I already had more microusb chargers, most of my stuff is miniusb.

xrated

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. That means that I can spend my "accessory money" on something else besides two new car chargers.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The user manual posted on here says "Only the power adapter and USB sync cable provided with your phone must be used to charge the battery"

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The user manual posted on here says "Only the power adapter and USB sync cable provided with your phone must be used to charge the battery"

It's the "intended" use. They can only guarantee it's use with the equipment provided with the phone. Outside of that though it will work, although some chargers can cause a bit of wonky stuff to happen. As long as the volts/amps are up to par the OP shouldn't have any problem using the old chargers.

xrated

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for the quick responses. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the desktop media/charger and an extra HTC battery, since the desktop thingy will have a place to charge a spare battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo