What kind of warrenty comes stock?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What kind of manufacturer warranty will the Bolt come with (or what kind do similar phones come with)?

I'm thinking of getting insurance, but the two lower options only cover hardware/software issues, normally you get this with the manufacturer for a certain time. If I only have the phone for a year and the manufacturer's warranty lasts a year what's the point of extra insurance that will cost me $160?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The default manufacturer's warranty that is included with the phone purchase on covers manufacturer's defects for hardware/software issues. The lowest priced tier of the Asurion protection Verizon offers adds a second year of coverage for those same issues. The top two both include accidental damage, loss, etc with a $99 deductible while the top one also includes the second year of defect coverage with no deductible. If you're not prone to lose or have your device stolen, you're probably better off going with somewhere like Squaretrade.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What if I'm only going to have the phone for one year? Do I even need insurance if I don't break/lose my phone?

In 8 years I've never lost or broken a phone, but with a 600$ phone there are always firsts.