Question about ADWLauncher on HTC Sense.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
So I was browsing some sort of android news site (either AC, phandroid, droid-life) and saw an article on custom docks with ADWlauncher.
I couldn't find the exact article, but a page on androidpolice has the pictures of these custom docks.

ADW Launcher EX Update Released – Includes Custom Docks, Bug Fixes | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

As you may see, there are a bunch of different docks, including "sense like" ones, the curved ones. These have 5 buttons within them, which is really what I am looking for.

Right now I have a moto cliq (TB TOMORROW!), and I am using ADWlauncher (the free version). The only real way I can edit the dock is the change the # of icons, not really the style.

Is this just because I have motoblur?
Is it because I don't have the EX version of ADW?

If I get the free version of ADW launcher on my TB, will it automatically make the dock "sense-like"? Or are the sense like docks only on the EX version?

Also, I have heard that either ADWlauncher or launcher pro doesn't include the sense widgets.
Is this correct?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I can't speak for adw lanucher because I don't use it but I can speak for launcher pro. The free version of launcher pro does allow you to edit the docks and dock icons. But its up to you to find these images. The PAID version of launcher pro DOES have sense like Widgets.

Sent from my INCredible phone

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
and any dock u.use u will loose the widgets ie blur sense etc

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
You are going to have to get the EX version in order to customize the way you mention in your op. Also you will not be able to use your sense widgets with ADW.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So I was browsing some sort of android news site (either AC, phandroid, droid-life) and saw an article on custom docks with ADWlauncher.
I couldn't find the exact article, but a page on androidpolice has the pictures of these custom docks.

ADW Launcher EX Update Released ? Includes Custom Docks, Bug Fixes | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

As you may see, there are a bunch of different docks, including "sense like" ones, the curved ones. These have 5 buttons within them, which is really what I am looking for.

Right now I have a moto cliq (TB TOMORROW!), and I am using ADWlauncher (the free version). The only real way I can edit the dock is the change the # of icons, not really the style.

Is this just because I have motoblur?
Is it because I don't have the EX version of ADW?

If I get the free version of ADW launcher on my TB, will it automatically make the dock "sense-like"? Or are the sense like docks only on the EX version?

Also, I have heard that either ADWlauncher or launcher pro doesn't include the sense widgets.
Is this correct?

It's probably only a feature of EX. I'd buy it, its worth the money.

ADW is the same, no matter the device. When you first open it on your Thunderbolt, it'll look exactly the same as it did when you opened it on your cliq.

Any 3rd party launcher won't have access to the Sense widgets. You can find plenty of replacements, though. I suggest Pure Calendar/News/Messaging (3 different apps), and there are probably a bunch of social networking widgets to replace FriendStream.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad