Thunderbolt only $444.99 with NO CONTRACT?

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
YEAH!??? I just saw that too...??? Has anyone got to checkout with that price?

Remember though. If you pay full retail, they are charging $50 a month for the unlimited LTE data package.

Reactions: froader

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The TB is up for sale on verizonwireless.com and very surprisingly, the phone is $444.99 off of contract!

verizon

Yeah! I just saw this on their website and came directly here to see what was being said. I might just buy the damn thing. not much more than 1yr really!

qzic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine Best Buy can continue with their plans to charge $300 for this phone starting this weekend if it is available for $445 without a contract and $320 on a 1-year, or even $180 from Amazon on a 2-year.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Remember though. If you pay full retail, they are charging $50 a month for the unlimited LTE data package.

I thought that was only if you want to do a data only plan... with no voice plan.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep, but like I said, DON'T FORGET that verizon is charging $50 a month for the unlimited LTE plan if you are buying the thunderbolt full retail. so $20 extra per month * 12 months(1 year contract) = $240

$444 + $240 = $680 total if you buy it off contract and keep it on your line for a year

in two years it's 20 * 24 = $480, plus the $444 = $924

don't be mislead!

froader

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I added it to the cart, then it had me choose a voice plan and then can choose the $30 unlimited data plan.
The $445 price is shown as month to month.
Shoulr be able to buy and just walk out.
As far as the $50 data plan was if you bought at full price you could do data only vs the voice plan requirement.

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
so....can i buy with full retail? then activate in place of my incredible? or i have to sign contract to have unlimited 4g?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I added it to the cart, then it had me choose a voice plan and then can choose the $30 unlimited data plan.
As far as the $50 data plan was if you bought at full price you could do data only vs the voice plan requirement.

I thought it was $50 for data only or $30 unlimited for data with a voice plan.

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
just bought mine. does that mean that they have to do a credit check or anything? or if it says that its confirmed then would i be getting it?

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
so....can i buy with full retail? then activate in place of my incredible? or i have to sign contract to have unlimited 4g?
From the screen shots we saw yesterday: IF you buy a thunderbolt for full retail (or steal one or whittle one out of wood) and have no contract, it would be $50 a month for the LTE data plan.

But right now I can't seem to find those screen shots? Where were on Droid-life but aren't anymore???

qzic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Data only package is $50/mo and requires you to pay the full retail price for the phone. This is if you want the phone without a voice contract.

Buying at the full retail price does NOT require the $50/mo data package. The phone does require a $30/mo data package, but if you already have a $30 data package you should be able to just pay the full retail price and swap the phone with your existing phone.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok, I missed this post of yours.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Can someone answer this question which was already asked above... Can I just buy it outright for the $449 and then cancel the plan right away and get my old number moved over if I don't have an upgrade yet?

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Data only package is $50/mo and requires you to pay the full retail price for the phone. This is if you want the phone without a voice contract.

Buying at the full retail price does NOT require the $50/mo data package. The phone does require a $30/mo data package, but if you already have a $30 data package you should be able to just pay the full retail price and swap the phone with your existing phone.

okay thought so...might as-well do that then only $125 bucks extra for no contract again :) because i already have the $30/month data and voice. ill just do the swap