1-Year Contract Prices

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a corporate account (or discount) too. I didn't follow through on the order, but I wonder if I'm in the same situation -- getting a lower price due to corporate discount. I have never had a corporate discount on a phone before, so it would definitely be surprising if true. I wonder if that trend will continue.

I was on the phone with the business/corporate telesales for verizon and she checked my company's contract with VZW. She said its definitely corporate pricing.

Reactions: DolfanCole

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the TB at my local corp. Verizon store. The $199/$229 pricing IS the corporate discount. The store had no problem honoring my corporate pricing.

My girlfriend is pissed though. She was trying to get the phone this morning and its showing $250/$320. She's like you paid less for the 1 yr than I did for the 2 yr.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I was on the phone with the business/corporate telesales for verizon and she checked my company's contract with VZW. She said its definitely corporate pricing.

Thanks. It's just that they've never done that before, so it seemed odd. I hope though that they will continue to do that. I'm still gonna hold out to see if the Bionic is released next month so I can compare them both firsthand. If they don't continue with the corporate discount though, I'll be screwed and everyone who bought their TBolt will be laughing at me for waiting. :)

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the $199/$229 price is here to stay. Does not seem like a mistake to me at all. The discount is always around $199 and usually only a $30 difference between 1yr and 2yr.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing the $229.99 price for 1-year on my account too. Hope later today I can get this at this price when I go to purchase in store.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Even Verizon Store Mgr Agreed One Year Contract Is Best Bet.

She said she never paid attention to the one year contract only being $80 more. ;)

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually got a nice surprise this morning. I needed to pick up 2 TBolts, and we prefer the 1 year route. I was expecting to pay $319 per, but with my wife's corporate discount attached to our account, our pricing was $249 per... same as normal 2 year pricing. So I payed $140 less than anticipated. I thought her discount only applied to the first family line, and only for monthly service fees, not hardware :)

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
VZW newbie and don't understand the 1 year upgrades

VZW newbie and don't quite understand what happens at the end (or 11th month) of a one year contract.

Is the pricing of the next phone I'd choose (that was available for a new one year contract) treated the same way as it was now e.g. the pricing would be the 2 year subsidized pricing plus $70 (assuming no corporate/work discounts)?

Is it like I was a 'new' customer all over again like I would be today coming from the fRuit?

Reason I am confused is Wirefly says at the end of one year, you can get the upgrade if you sign up for a two year. But they don't mention what's available for a one year upgrade from either them or VZW.

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually got a nice surprise this morning. I needed to pick up 2 TBolts, and we prefer the 1 year route. I was expecting to pay $319 per, but with my wife's corporate discount attached to our account, our pricing was $249 per... same as normal 2 year pricing. So I payed $140 less than anticipated. I thought her discount only applied to the first family line, and only for monthly service fees, not hardware :)

I was in the same exact position. I'm under my sister's corporate account. I thought the Corp. d/c applied only to the primary lines..

Was able to get my upgrade my line (secondary) at 1 year/$229.99.
It was between that vs 2 year/$199.99.

Would've been stupid of me to get the 2 year plan when 1 year was only $30 more.

I was very excited due to the fact that I thought I was gonna have to pay $319.99 for this.

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
VZW newbie and don't quite understand what happens at the end (or 11th month) of a one year contract.

Is the pricing of the next phone I'd choose (that was available for a new one year contract) treated the same way as it was now e.g. the pricing would be the 2 year subsidized pricing plus $70 (assuming no corporate/work discounts)?

Is it like I was a 'new' customer all over again like I would be today coming from the fRuit?

Reason I am confused is Wirefly says at the end of one year, you can get the upgrade if you sign up for a two year. But they don't mention what's available for a one year upgrade from either them or VZW.

Not sure about Wirefly's policies... but on VZW if you sign a 1 year contract, in 10 months you will be able to upgrade to another phone as if you were a "new" customer.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm pissed because vzw stores said my corp discount wouldn't be attached to the phone so I ordered online.

Apparently they were wrong, but too late to cancel order.

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about Wirefly's policies... but on VZW if you sign a 1 year contract, in 10 months you will be able to upgrade to another phone as if you were a "new" customer.

And if you sign a 2 year contract, you don't qualify for an upgrade until the end of the 2 years?

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait, I'm confused--is corporate pricing for business accounts only, or it is for anyone with a corporate discount? If you go with a new family plan, I suppose the whole plan has to be on a one-year plan, right? Can't buy two Thunderbolts on a one year, and two cheap phones on a two year?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance