Transfer Contacts

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I back mine up with both Google sync and Backup Assistant. Will the Thunderbolt have VZW's backup assistant like my BB Bold does?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I back mine up with both Google sync and Backup Assistant. Will the Thunderbolt have VZW's backup assistant like my BB Bold does?

The rep that sold me mine said that if you have backup assistant on your old phone the TBolt will automatically run backup assistant and transfer your contacts for you when you turn it on.

Reactions: Joe378

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Really depends what type of phone your coming from.

If your coming from an Android phone make sure before you get the TBolt to turn on Contacts Sync to make sure everything is saved and up-to-date.

Reactions: Joe378

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
any way to get rid of the backup assistant sync, i have double contacts now, id rather just have google sync contacts

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
any way to get rid of the backup assistant sync, i have double contacts now, id rather just have google sync contacts

I have that too and I have ton's of numbers from people that use facebook. So when I dial a number I see them. Is there a way to delete those too?

brucipher

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This will be my 1st Android phone. I am coming from a Palm Pre Plus, and I currently have Google/Gmail setup as my primary account on my Pre (therefore all my contacts and calendar information is saved in my gmail/google account).

I have to imagine it will be easy to import all of this onto the TB? Would you Android veterans concur?

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
i think the lady at verizon did or it automatically did it, i ned to get rid of these duplicates. and stop sync of backup, there has to be a way. besides wiping phone clean

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have that too and I have ton's of numbers from people that use facebook. So when I dial a number I see them. Is there a way to delete those too?

Open the People app and then menu -> view and uncheck Facebook. ;)

(edit: ignore my Backup Assistant advice, whoops)

Disclaimer: I don't have my TB in hand yet but it can't imagine this is any different from my Incredible.

Last edited:

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Open the People app and then menu -> view and uncheck Facebook. ;)

Oh and to stop the Backup Assistant from syncing go into settings -> accounts & sync and uncheck Backup Assistant.

Disclaimer: I don't have my TB in hand yet but it can't imagine this is any different from my Incredible.

nope no option to uncheck backup. theres only the green sync icon and when you click there is no option to stop only choose sync times

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah my mistake, I worded that wrong. And now that I look at it again Backup Assistant is greyed out on mine and tapping it brings up the license agreement page (never used it). Guess we'll have to wait for someone else to chime in - sorry!

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes. You just have to set it up to sync under settings- accounts and sync. Easy peasy

Google sync is also on there as well

Disco DC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a view section that can switch off between Phone (i.e. backup assistant) and Google. It won't get rid of the duplicates, but let you see one or the other. Contacts---> Menu ---> View

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a view section that can switch off between Phone (i.e. backup assistant) and Google. It won't get rid of the duplicates, but let you see one or the other. Contacts---> Menu ---> View

yup i had just figured that out. choose google or phone only depending on what you want. great find. but still wish i can stop backup assistant

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was in a hurry this morning and didn't want to wait for them to move my contacts from my very generic ATT phone (Go Phone)to my TB. I know my contacts are on the SIM card because they all appeared when I put the AA&T sim into the new generic phone a few weeks ago. If I put the ATT sim in my TB will I be able to access the contacts? or should I just take the phone to Verizon and let them deal with it?

WINNING

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This thread has been very informative! I am a new smartphone owner, my last phone was the Samsung Rogue. I'm used to going to Setting-Tools-Storage Options, to move contacts/pics/videos from the card to the phone, I didn't see that option on the Thunderbolt, nor the Getting Started Booklet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz