Activation Issues

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
now you guys got me worried. I'm not activating my phones until later on so tell me what happens if I type in the *228 like it says in the instructions?

EDIT: and the guy did say that there is about an hour backlog on activation with the number of people getting these phones today.

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my return call from Verizon. I'm not able to send/receive txt's or make outbound calls. Although it appears people could leave me a voicemail that I can't pick up yet. The strange thing is, my data service is working.

I am new to Verizon so maybe this has something to do with it.

Hang in there...it sounds like your plan isn't fully activated. I had to get my SIM card reactivated but that was because I was stuck in 1X data.

I would try to call them back again and ask them to check your activation to make sure it is FULLY complete.

Did you port a number?

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hang in there...it sounds like your plan isn't fully activated. I had to get my SIM card reactivated but that was because I was stuck in 1X data.

I would try to call them back again and ask them to check your activation to make sure it is FULLY complete.

Did you port a number?

We got ours up and running too finally. Nice phone, but definitely not worth all the hype. Well, if I was coming from an Eris/Hero it would seem pretty earth shattering, but I'm not. It does have a lot more storage on it, but that will soon be standard on all the phones. Everything else seems like the Desire/Evo.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

Did you port a number?

No I have not ported my number yet, as I wanted to see if I would be happy with the device and their service first. At least I still have a working phone.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
4hours, still not activated

Yep, we got two phones, one activated without issue, the other, 4 hours and still not activated. The sales person and VZW corporate was incompetent to say the least. Did not even know how to install the SIM card. pathetic. May have to wait 24 hours until they can try to activate it again, if it does not activate on it's own.

Frustrated................

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was at the store at 9 am opening and was there for 2 hours. Only one person was working. Unfortunately I was sent home with a Thunderbolt that I can't make calls on because there is an issue with transferring my number to the sim card. The sim card is telling verizon there is another number associated with it and I have to wait 24 hours before they are able to remove it and switch my number over to it and activate it. UNBELIEVABLE! I'm just thankful for WIFI because I can still use it for Google talk, Facebook, Internet and getting Apps!

awtenterprise

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
this was my fix!!!

I got the T-Bolt promptly at 9:00 am. When I got back to work, I placed a call and it would not even dial. It stated something about phone not authorized. Sunck back to the store, no help. hard reboot etc.. ended up dialing #8899, that got me in contact with some unknown verizon rep. I explained my situation and the lady says, "yup, looks like I need to push an update to your account/phone" a minute later I was up and running.

AdamT.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, we got two phones, one activated without issue, the other, 4 hours and still not activated. The sales person and VZW corporate was incompetent to say the least. Did not even know how to install the SIM card. pathetic. May have to wait 24 hours until they can try to activate it again, if it does not activate on it's own.

Frustrated................

Although I'm sad to hear this happened to you, I am at least glad that I'm not the only one that is having this same problem.:mad:

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was at the store at 9 am opening and was there for 2 hours. Only one person was working. Unfortunately I was sent home with a Thunderbolt that I can't make calls on because there is an issue with transferring my number to the sim card. The sim card is telling verizon there is another number associated with it and I have to wait 24 hours before they are able to remove it and switch my number over to it and activate it. UNBELIEVABLE! I'm just thankful for WIFI because I can still use it for Google talk, Facebook, Internet and getting Apps!

EXACTLY same issue here, EXACTLY.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

That completely sucks and is unacceptable. Verizon should have given you a different phone on the spot. Or a different sim card.

gotnoteeth

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
It's supposed to because the SIM holds your info now. I don't think the phone even has an ESN.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. It is called the MEID and has phased ESNs since 2008. All cellular devices have a MEID or an IMEI, some have both.

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I got to the store at 9am and bought 2 phones with a brand new account on Verizon. What a disaster. Left the store at 10:30am, with one phone "working" and the other still registering. I was told it could take a few hours for both to start working.

Went back to the store at 2:30pm and was there until 4pm. They could not get the 2 HTC Thunderbolts to work. Had to return both phones, and start all over, including selecting 2 new numbers.

I thought AT&T was bad. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side ....

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
so how long have you guys been waiting for it to activate.. im going on 2 hours....... been to the vzw store 3 times I really dont want to go back again.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
How do we update our PRL now if we can't dial *228?

Didn't see this thread until just now and *228 just dumps.

If you update your phone to another 4G phone, simply put your SIM card in the new phone. Done.

If you're going from a 4G phone to a 3G phone, you should be able to *228 the 3G phone and it'll go through as well. Going from 3G to 4G requires a new SIM card to be activated, which is what's been going on at Verizon corp. stores over the last few days. All they had to do this morning was port your information onto the SIM and activate your line on it. From now on, your line lives in that SIM card unless you go back to 3G, and then *228 should still work.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Well a day and a half later my phone is finally working fully. It turns out Best Buy input the wrong MEID (?). The key to fixing the problem was correcting this number and changing the 4G SIM card.

I have to say the tier 3 tech from Verizon was great. Not only did she fix the problem when the other 10 people (no joke) could not. She also compted me a month of service.

Also while setting up my Verizon account and linking it to my corporate discount I found out I get equipment discounts. So I did go to Best Buy so they could refund me the difference. The funny thing is they (BB) also sent me a txt message asking me to rate their service, what a joke.

Now I can start playing with my new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech