Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default *In Store Corporate Discount - Please Read *

After a quick review, I didn't see this noted in any threads specifically so I wanted to address it for everyone. I noticed that a lot of people this morning were seeing the phone at an actually lower price than they expected. Instead of $249.99, it was $199.99 with the two year contract. Some people were questioning why that was the case and if it works in-store.

Short Answer: Yes, it does.

But basically I want to tell you what happened for me. I should note that I was very courteous and nice the whole time. I didn't push or anything, and you shouldn't either. I noticed that the phone had an extra discount when I looked at the upgrade price online. It was 199, with my NE2 bringing it down to 150. I went to the store and had to sign in to the queue. I played with an ipad2, and I brought up my account info. When the sales person came to me, I showed her the discrepancy and wondered if it would work in-store. She didn't know, so she checked. She only saw the NE2 credit, but a manager was with her and agreed that it was a corporate discount that wasn't in their system yet, so he approved and I ended up, after my $50 credit, paying 149.99 for the phone.

So I just wanted you to all know this, in case you were hesitant to go into the store and figured to just order online instead because of the price. Again, this is only for people with corporate discounts, who actually saw the discount online.

I hope this helps at least a few of you!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Verizon business sales literally said my company doesn't allow in-store discount on merchandise. Maybe yours does? I dunno.

I got a corporate discount, it was automatically done (I was actually going to forget to ask about it if she didn't mention it).

I spoke with the agent and mentioned that I got a discount on accessories, but didn't think I got one on the phone. She said that the corporate discounts were only on accessories and that I was correct.

However, when she totaled everything up she said "Well this is interesting, you also got a 50 dollar corporate discount on the phone".

So I got the phone for $99.99.

I must have gotten one too because I walked out the door with the phone and 2 accessories (the window mount and screen protectors) for $249.96.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah, I wound up getting a car charger and a case for the same price I expected to pay for just the phone ($200)
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

I don't get a corporate discount, but called Verizon and politely expressed my idea that as a long-term Verizon customer since 1997, I too should be getting these great deals that some people were seeing on-line. They agreed, as they usually do, so with my NE2 and Best Buy credits, my final cost for this phone was $75. Verizon has always been very good to me.

I got the phone for 199.00 too....Plus my 25% of a case I bought there. So everything worked out great for me paid less than what I expected to pay.

Verizon has always taken good care of me!

Is there anything I should print out and bring to the VZW store to help drop the price?

ROM
    Stock

It doesn't hurt to bring print outs of the price you see online. I did....he was surprised at first of the price being shown but quickly realized that it was the corporate discount. He had no problem making sure it was the same for me in the store.
    HTC Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I wish it worked that way for me at my local store. The manager is a real D-bag. I actual drive out of my way to go to another store because that one is so bad. It's unfortunate because it is only 5 mins from my house.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ROM
    Stock

Anyway to see corporate discount if you aren't a customer? I used to have VZW and my employer gave me 20% off of plans. In the past, they didn't give discounts on phones, but that is constantly changing with my employer. They've added Sprint 20% off (which I currently use) and *Free* activation on ATT (WOOHOO!!! sarchasm). I work for walgreens, so I don't get an e-mail address (or at least one I could use).

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

i feel like i was just probably scammed by the verizon rep....
    so I went to buy the phone and they asked me if i wanted a case, etc. I said no I did not need anything extra. The guy then goes to ring me out and says that because I am a corporate account I get 3 accessories up to a total of $49 free with the purchase. I asked him to just give me the phone for 199 and he said he cannot and that i just get the free accessories. What I think he did, was just took the $50 from the phone discount and used it for accessories I did not want to help with store sales on attachments or maybe commission.

Maybe I am wrong, this just seems really shady.

Quote Originally Posted by rbfromma View Post
    It doesn't hurt to bring print outs of the price you see online. I did....he was surprised at first of the price being shown but quickly realized that it was the corporate discount. He had no problem making sure it was the same for me in the store.
    I did exactly the same thing. Printed out my $229 1yr price online and brought it in. They looked up my account and confirmed I actually had a corporate discount and I was out the door in 10 minutes.

Thanks for posting this! When I talked to a VZ sales person on the phone this morning he made it sound like it was a special phone only rate and I was ready to buy it. I'm glad I can go to my brick and morder store to support locally! PLUS I don't have to wait 24 hrs for it to arrive :-P

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cward0625 View Post
    i feel like i was just probably scammed by the verizon rep....
    so I went to buy the phone and they asked me if i wanted a case, etc. I said no I did not need anything extra. The guy then goes to ring me out and says that because I am a corporate account I get 3 accessories up to a total of $49 free with the purchase. I asked him to just give me the phone for 199 and he said he cannot and that i just get the free accessories. What I think he did, was just took the $50 from the phone discount and used it for accessories I did not want to help with store sales on attachments or maybe commission.

Maybe I am wrong, this just seems really shady.
    Just so everybody knows, this store got caught red handed for shady selling tactics. When I called I didn't really say much and they said that was all wrong.

So anybody who gets told $249 with free accessories, you could just get the phone for $199 and not get accessories. If you look at your receipt you will see the phone even rings out at 199 and they just slapped the accessory charges on.

They had me come back in and refunded my money.

I bypassed my pre-order at BBY and was in and out of VZ in 45min. Phone + screen protectors + case + car charger = $265.

That's on a 25% off accessories and 20% of plan w/ my corp discount code.

Quote Originally Posted by cward0625 View Post
    Just so everybody knows, this store got caught red handed for shady selling tactics. When I called I didn't really say much and they said that was all wrong.

So anybody who gets told $249 with free accessories, you could just get the phone for $199 and not get accessories. If you look at your receipt you will see the phone even rings out at 199 and they just slapped the accessory charges on.

They had me come back in and refunded my money.
    hopefully someone got fired

i called 3 different stores and all told me $249 and that they cant and wont match the online price (eventhough the Verizon rep at 611 said they should both be same price) suck since i will have to wait a day to get it.

hey guys sort of the samething happen to me this morning reading the board early as to the diiferent prices, logged in to my account and gave me a price of 229.99 @ 1 yr. Had an appointment to be first in line @ 9am had total of about $500.00 with me, then my friend who is the asst. manager of the local store was going in and I stopped him early and showed him my price online, said wasn't sure if he could and he would try. But with that pricing he suggested to go ahead order it online and they would service the rest of my needs @ the store. Called me on my phone within 10 mins. and said sure will he looked up the coporate price and was good to go.

Now here is where it gets intersting I go to pull my money that I put in my bookbag and noticed $200 of it was gone, I'm like what the WTH?!! Wound up being third in line looking for the damn money. Said to myself well I have more enough for accesories, just bill the phone to my account if need be! Called my wife told her what was going on and to look for the money at the house. She called first time nope couldn't find it, called second time found $100. I was getting the red carpet treatment (sort speak off) told my boy lost $200 that was taking care of me, he like oh sh!t got find the change.

Near completition of the purchase phone was activated, 2 accessories and a total of 284.00, my phone rang again wife calling said she found the last $100 in the drawer where I had it orginally at. Man I tell you what, it's been a great/rough morning for me!!! Best thing was the excellent service I recieved, found the $200.00, and having my Thunderbolt, priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
    I bypassed my pre-order at BBY and was in and out of VZ in 45min. Phone + screen protectors + case + car charger = $265.

That's on a 25% off accessories and 20% of plan w/ my corp discount code.
    And I just found out that when I did the same order with my corporate discount the total came out to $240 so I got charged $25 more. Now I have to go back to VZ and show them the online summary so I can get my money back

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I got it for 199.99 at my VZW Corporate Store without having to show them a thing. And they were selling TBs like hotcakes - in the 40 minutes I was there 5 were sold.

Everyone at the store I went to was getting the $199 price (10 of us lined up at opening). Unfortunately the $50 off wasn't being given on the 1-year contract - that was still $329. I was planning on doing the 1-year, but couldn't pass up the extra $50.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Combining Corporate and NE2??

Just got back from getting my new Thunderbolt! I have one concern though. They told me I could not combine a NE2 credit ($100) with a corporate discount and that I also couldn't use a NE2 on a 1 year contract. Is that correct? That left me with the option of $149/2year using my NE2 or $229/1year using corporate discount. Not quite the $129/1year I was hoping for by combining the two!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I have a corporate account, and get 20% off my plan and 25% off accessories. I have never received discounts on handsets.

I talked customer care in to giving me an early upgrade, but it rang up at $249. They got my upgrade date pulled ahead a few months, so I wont complain about the price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast