Email Notification Sounds

m1sfit

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the notification sound per email account?

I did a search and couldn't find anything in this forum.

TIA

m1sfit

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a little update.

I looked through the manual, did a forum search, called HTC.

There is no way to change email notification sounds by address naively on the device.

Of course there are many apps that can support it. Which is weird as the HTC Eris, Incredible apparently you can.

BOO is all I have to say. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Does anyone else use this feature?

m1sfit

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also very disappointed.

The only thing we can do is just make it known where ever we can. So hopefully in a update the engineers will implement it in a update.

In the mean time I'll be using 'improved email' which can support multiple email sounds. I believe there is a app called 'enhanced email' which is 9.99.

I'll do a bit more research to see if it's any good.

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I am also a bit disappointed. What I have done is turn on vibrate + sound for my work email, and just sound alone for my personal email. That way when the phone is in the holster on my hip, I can at least tell whether the email is business or otherwise. Coming from a Blackberry, I never had any difficulty differentiating incoming email without looking at the phone.

Along the same lines, the mail notification in the top bar is the same for all email accounts. It would be nice if the little email icons were different colors based on which email account received email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox