Here's my Verizon/Thunderbolt Rant

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I call Verizon to see if they're taking appointments for the Thunderbolt. They said "no". I also asked if I'm available for an upgrade. They told me to dial #832 or something like that. I received a text message that says "You are eligible to upgrade with discount pricing with a contract renewal..."

I start work at 10, I got to my Verizon store at 9:20. They said it would be like an hour; so I wait. I tell them I want a 1 year contract and I'm in a hurry. About 5 minutes later she's having issues. SIM card is in the phone and everything. She calls a manager over and the say the issue is I can't do a 1 year I need a 2 year. I show them the text message and ask them to show me where it says that at. I ask them to override it and they can't. I start gettin a little loud cause I wasted an hour of my day and now Verizon won't sell me the Thunderbolt and I'm 30 minutes late for work.

I storm out of there and call customer service and tell them my ordeal and all I want is a Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract. She places me on hold. I get to work and there's 5 people waitin for me. She comes back and asks where I want it shipped to, I giver her my address and she places me on another hold. She comes back and says it's shipping today. I then ask her about the free overnight, and she says the order is already done.

Well I won't have it until Monday, but at least I got the 1 year contract.

End of rant

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was promised an early upgrade (from August) on Tuesday, notes were made on account. Called this morning to order, lady tells me no, need to be twenty months in atleast. I argued to no avail and hung up. Called back, next lady was nice, tried to order for me, and said its online only, or instore. She told me to order online, I should be fine. Went online, my early upgrade was not reflected. So, called again, explained it to a different person, she actually went in and changed my upgrade date to today. Persistance pays off!

So I go to my VZW store, gives me a 1 year price of 319.00. As I am checking out, she said I get a corporate discount, so she said its 269.00, freaking bonus! So I have it in hand, have to work, but can't wait to play with it.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I avoid the store whenever possible. I got a similar run around when the BB Storm first came out. I was eligible for upgrade, could get a better price online, they said they could do it, I waited over an hour, then she tries to screw me on the price. Walk out, drive away, about 3 minutes later she calls and says "Oh I talked to a manager we can do that price now, why don't you come back?" ... ridiculous. Ordered online, had it the next day.

Online > VZW via call center > other options > VZW store

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I avoid the store whenever possible. I got a similar run around when the BB Storm first came out. I was eligible for upgrade, could get a better price online, they said they could do it, I waited over an hour, then she tries to screw me on the price. Walk out, drive away, about 3 minutes later she calls and says "Oh I talked to a manager we can do that price now, why don't you come back?" ... ridiculous. Ordered online, had it the next day.

Online > VZW via call center > other options > VZW store

I was just gonna order it online, but i was gettin anxious and wanted it now. Well I gotta wait til Monday though :( at least I'll have it Monday. Now should I pick up my motorcycle today???

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday I call Verizon to see if they're taking appointments for the Thunderbolt. They said "no". I also asked if I'm available for an upgrade. They told me to dial #832 or something like that. I received a text message that says "You are eligible to upgrade with discount pricing with a contract renewal..."

I start work at 10, I got to my Verizon store at 9:20. They said it would be like an hour; so I wait. I tell them I want a 1 year contract and I'm in a hurry. About 5 minutes later she's having issues. SIM card is in the phone and everything. She calls a manager over and the say the issue is I can't do a 1 year I need a 2 year. I show them the text message and ask them to show me where it says that at. I ask them to override it and they can't. I start gettin a little loud cause I wasted an hour of my day and now Verizon won't sell me the Thunderbolt and I'm 30 minutes late for work.

I storm out of there and call customer service and tell them my ordeal and all I want is a Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract. She places me on hold. I get to work and there's 5 people waitin for me. She comes back and asks where I want it shipped to, I giver her my address and she places me on another hold. She comes back and says it's shipping today. I then ask her about the free overnight, and she says the order is already done.

Well I won't have it until Monday, but at least I got the 1 year contract.

End of rant

Were you upgrading using the annual upgrade? I'm pretty much that only allows 2-year contract renewals. That was the whole point of allowing you to upgrade annually.

gotnoteeth

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you were my employee I would have fired you. Being late for work because you are waiting for a phone is irresponsible. There are plenty of people looking for work that would be punctual and wouldn't take things like getting to work on time for granted.

Reactions: Chrisy

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just gonna order it online, but i was gettin anxious and wanted it now. Well I gotta wait til Monday though :( at least I'll have it Monday. Now should I pick up my motorcycle today???

Thats funny, I was at a Verizon store and the guy there was going to pick up a Harley Today too....

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you were my employee I would have fired you. Being late for work because you are waiting for a phone is irresponsible. There are plenty of people looking for work that would be punctual and wouldn't take things like getting to work on time for granted.

I was going to say the same thing. How can you go to a store to pick up ANY device on LAUNCH day no less, one hour before work and expect to be at work on time???? There are so many unknowns with new devices on launch...the systems could get overloaded with to many activations, there could be long lines, etc...

I feel bad that you go the run around with the 1 year contract but I really do not feel bad that you were late to work and possibly got in trouble for it.

Wow.

Sorry.

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

I am the boss; so it's not bad. I have a little prepaid cell phone store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34