Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I havent played with mine hardly at all and im down to 50%!!!!!!!! This worries me... especially considering I havent even added most of my apps yet. I charged it to full power before I even turned it on and this was around 9 am. Its not even noon yet and my battery is halfway dead. And this is someone coming from an Evo.

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    Where is the newbie thread? Is the app tray an all app view? I can't delete or move apps there.
    Ask away Chrisy, us old Android people will answer..

Just shows last apps run. bottem sense bar is Up arrow looking item. Hit and allapps installed show up.
    i7 PC/Mac Mini - iPad 1(EX) - iPad 2 - Droid Incredible(EX) - HTC Thunderbolt!! - ATV2
    Just all around Tech Geek!
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Man, now I know how Panda feels. (Turn down your displays he says to the wall)

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    I havent played with mine hardly at all and im down to 50%!!!!!!!! This worries me... especially considering I havent even added most of my apps yet. I charged it to full power before I even turned it on and this was around 9 am. Its not even noon yet and my battery is halfway dead. And this is someone coming from an Evo.
    UGH every time I almost decide to go out and get it stuff like this scares me off lol. Are you on 4g?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

pray for an update that allows you to turn 4g off I guess. maybe it's something with LTE's architecture that doesn't allow for it to go off haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jd10984 View Post
    UGH every time I almost decide to go out and get it stuff like this scares me off lol. Are you on 4g?
    Yea I am. I havent fooled with it much since im at work but I really dont see a way to turn the 4G off. Can I get some assistance on that from someone? Dont see it in the settings.

is there a way to remove sense? maybe it has a lot of background processes which drain the battery.

Yea I am. I havent fooled with it much since im at work but I really dont see a way to turn the 4G off. Can I get some assistance on that from someone? Dont see it in the settings.
    Ah, ya I heard battery life is awful on 4g.. I am curious if it's alot better on 3g being that I wont have 4g in my area for close to a year.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

there is apparently no way to turn it off.

but aren't there basic android settings where data is turned off completely after a period of inactivity? annoying, but its the best we got right now.

ROM
    Shiny

I don't know why anyone was thinking the battery was gonna last. My Incredible only lasts about 10 hours tops on the stock battery which is only 100mAH smaller than the TB battery. The TB doesn't have an AMOLED screen, has 4G on all the time, a bigger screen, etc. I knew the battery life was going to be horrible on this if it was bad on my Incredible.

I can't believe you can't turn 4g off though.

I'll just wait for the Incredible 2.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Not everyone will have the same experience with battery life. Every user Is going to have different settings that will affect how the phone uses battery consumption. Things like screen brightness, how often widgets/apps update their info, gps, WiFi, Bluetooth, network coverage, browser usage, phone calls/messages, etc.

You can look through the Thunderbolt F&Q thread for tips on how to save battery life.
    You can also post your reviews... including battery life in the Thunderbolt First Impressions thread...... Or just start a battery life thread but remember to list what options you are running so we can see what's doing what.

In your settings under..About phone..Battery..Battery usage will display in percentage what's using the battery. One of the biggest drains will always be the display... So turn down your screen brightness to a reasonable amount.
    I will be updating the F&Q over the next few days with some more user friendly information.
    Thanked by 5:
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

What will the extended battery door look like? Anyone know?
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

That 4G "always searching" has to be a drain. Especially in a non-LTE area like here. I'd be happy with 3G. You should have waited until April 1st to release the ones we got Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    What will the extended battery door look like? Anyone know?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...d-battery.html
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Then you should know that over the next couple days the battery life will improve.

Default Tbolt battery life pretty poor as expected.

Here's an article I found on the Thunderbolts battery life... it should get a little better over time.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    Then you should know that over the next couple days the battery life will improve.
    Thats really not the issue though. It was purely ******ed not to add a way in to turn off 4G. Thats really the only way im able to make it through the day with my Evo. And yes the Evo battery improved, but still nowhere near enough to make it a whole day without a modified kernel and keeping 4G off. SMH this is terrible..
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

all ready posted in the battery thread. welcome to HTC

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    The problem is, most people are playing with they're phone for the first few days, so the battery life would be skewed anyway.

Give it a few days to settle down, then check about battery life.
    I am not touching my device, its display is off, and it is hardly configured (Market synced some apps that I use on my Droid and Xoom, that's all) and it is charging via USB to my computer. And by charging I mean it is losing 1% battery life every twenty minutes or so, despite being hooked up to the PC.

Something tells me that there will be another firmware update coming in the very near future...

*EDIT* I've battery pulled my phone (the battery was at 40C for some reason) and now it is charging properly. I would suggest the rest of you do the same if you haven't done so after getting the phone from the store.
    Last edited by Mapex; 03-17-2011 at 02:00 PM.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    You'd better start heading back to Verizon then. No phone with a 4.3" display (I've played with them ALL) lasts more than a few hours if you don't turn the screen down. I work for HP. We play with EVERYTHING that gets released. (and copy the good ideas ) I don't know if Verizon promised you guys better battery life, but if they did, they lied. You need a bigger battery and a smaller processor if you want to keep the 4.3" screen. Also, some kind of rooted ROM works on a few of the phones.
    I've played video nonstop on my Droid X for over 2 hours at about 80% brightness(Futurama and Boondocks episodes) and my battery dropped about 25% in the process.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    Improve from what, awful - bad?
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

Yeah coming from a Droid X I think I'm going to be very disappointed.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone else get the extended battery?

I got mine for $25 at Verizon when I bought my phones , I really think that's the way to go ...only 25 bucks to double the battery life

Those of you with the TB, how bad does it look with the screen set to 25%? I would think that would be awfully dim.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrodroid View Post
    Those of you with the TB, how bad does it look with the screen set to 25%? I would think that would be awfully dim.
    It looks fine to me, but then again I wasn't unhappy with the Droid X screen set down to under 25%.

I'd like to see a pic of the extended battery ON the phone....
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast