Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

yea, it looks fine on the low setting to me. theres a widget to adjust if needed too.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    Thats really not the issue though. It was purely ******ed not to add a way in to turn off 4G. Thats really the only way im able to make it through the day with my Evo. And yes the Evo battery improved, but still nowhere near enough to make it a whole day without a modified kernel and keeping 4G off. SMH this is terrible..
    With moderate use. I unplug at about 6:50- 7am.
    At about 5pm or so when I get home I am still at about
    30-40%. I use it on and off till about 9 then I plug it in overnight. I noticed after updating my PRL settings regularly?
    My battery life is acceptable.

As far as the Thunderbolt not having a 4G on/off widget?
    I agree that will be a problem. I mean what if you live in a non 4G area? If this is true that the Thunderbolt has no 4G
    Widget? That's a Major fail on whomever decided to leave it out? Especially, knowing how important that feature is on the Evo.

I've been streaming NCAA non-stop since noon and the ODU game just finished. Battery widget reads 32%.

the extended battery cover looks like a bump out. I got one but want to see what the battery life is like before I do anything with it

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    Anyone else get the extended battery?

I got mine for $25 at Verizon when I bought my phones , I really think that's the way to go ...only 25 bucks to double the battery life
    How did you get it for $25? Thought it was $49.99?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CBMC View Post
    How did you get it for $25? Thought it was $49.99?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    They were giving 50% off all accessories with new phone purchases

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    How'd you like that Butler/ Old Dominion finish?!
    Crazy close game the entire way. I was hoping for an ODU win as I live in VA.

Quote Originally Posted by skipfreely View Post
    Crazy close game the entire way. I was hoping for an ODU win as I live in VA.
    My perfect bracket gone after 2 games. I had ODU winning that one.

Back on topic though - I charged my Bolt to full after picking it up this morning at the Verizon store. I had class around 1 so it's been 2 and a half hours or more that it's gone without a charge, and I'm still at 100%. I've done some tweeting, answered a call, and have been texting as well as messing with settings.

So is the bad battery life being exagerated? I am a pretty heavy texter, anywhere from 50-100+ a day, I talk on the phone a couple hrs a day, do a little internet browsing and the random game here or there.. FYI I am on 3g no 4g in my area until the end of the year.. Any idea if I would get decent battery life? I am coming from an iphone 4 where I dont have to charge it for a good 2 days if not longer, so if I can come close to making it a whole day without a charge Id have no prob exchanging my iphone. Heck even if I have to charge it once mid day I can deal.

I think I'm going to get over 4 hours off the initial charge streaming non-stop with audio 100%. If I can get that with display and network running I don't see how it will not get through a full day with normal use.

I was able to dropkick my battery to death within 1 hour of purchasing it. Full screen brightness, live background, LTE downloading all sorts of appy goodness, hotspot enabled, music playing, browsing the web. BOOM! Battery nuked! Im surprised it lasted about an hour and barely a 50% INITIAL charge. This actually makes me feel better about its battery life

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Abeast v4

Hopefully cm7 will help with the battery life issue.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

When I picked mine up around Noon, it has 60% of a charge. I am NOT in a 4g area, so I am strickly 3g. I would say I have been using it heavily setting up everything and playing with the phone and right now I am at 40%. I would say that so far, I am happy with the battery life.

Bryan

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingChicago View Post
    I was able to dropkick my battery to death within 1 hour of purchasing it. Full screen brightness, live background, LTE downloading all sorts of appy goodness, hotspot enabled, music playing, browsing the web. BOOM! Battery nuked! Im surprised it lasted about an hour and barely a 50% INITIAL charge. This actually makes me feel better about its battery life
    Just wait until St. Martin kills not only your battery...but destroys your phone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harreh View Post
    Hopefully cm7 will help with the battery life issue.
    It definitely will.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd10984 View Post
    So is the bad battery life being exagerated? I am a pretty heavy texter, anywhere from 50-100+ a day, I talk on the phone a couple hrs a day, do a little internet browsing and the random game here or there.. FYI I am on 3g no 4g in my area until the end of the year.. Any idea if I would get decent battery life? I am coming from an iphone 4 where I dont have to charge it for a good 2 days if not longer, so if I can come close to making it a whole day without a charge Id have no prob exchanging my iphone. Heck even if I have to charge it once mid day I can deal.
    Yes the bad battery life is being exaggerated. Also, the LTE not having a toggle off is not an issue, as it is not continually searching - this was answered in another thread, the only time the auto switching causes battery drain is when you are on the edge of a service area.

Here are a few tips for battery life:

I've done this on my Incredible either remove the HTC Weather/Clock widget since that syncs up all the time OR if you want to keep it go into it and set your area statically. Right now, if its the same as the incredible, the HTC weather/clock widget will activate the radio or the GPS at certain intervals to find your location to update the local then go out to the weather service to get the weather update for that area. I just set the town statically to my home and leave it at that and it just goes out and grabs the weather update for it without having to check what area I am in. I also tell it to do a check not every three hours (which I think it's default) to a longer time like 5 or 6 hours.

Remember, the more active widgets you have on your phone going out to synch the more of a battery drain it's going to be. Don't use Live wallpapers, they also eat up battery power as well. Try not to have 15 email account on the phone also. The more times the phone has to turn the radio on to grab updates, the less battery life you will have.

If your indoors and have WiFi, connect it to the WiFi. If you don't and you don't have a good signal strength for 4G/3G or even 1X, that battery is going to drain while the phone tries to lock onto one of them...you'll even notice your phone getting warm from it doing that. If it connects to WiFi it ignores the Data connection from Verizon and it won't hunt for it as long as the Wifi remains in range and stays connected to it.
    Thanked by:

There is no way to turn 4G off unless you call a number its posted on xda but my battery life is horrible just charged like 2 hours ago to full I'm already down tp 50 percent my Droid x lasted 24 hrs easily grand I'm using this phone a lot because its new but man this is bad....I'm not on 4G either and I have been on WiFi this whole time
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I think you all are having a placebo effect because of Sprint 4g and the evo. I don't see a reason for turning 4g of and if u do feel the need pull the sim card. and if your in a city with out 4g no need for having the sim card in place. going 4g is like going 1x to 3g and vise versus. u can't turn of 3g.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

I might have to buy the huge 2750mAh replacement battery.

I don't think you can have a placebo effect when you actually have the phone and see your battery drain quick

I got just over 5 hours, with 4 hours and 40 min of ncaa streaming on 1st charge.
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

lol.. if you think the battery is bad now.. Ya should have seen it a couple of months ago. OTA will help as will the batteries getting conditioned. as for the 4g toggle that will be coming...

I would say that its a shame that in order to enjoy the phone all day you almost have to cripple it. Maybe battery tech should advance as fast as CPU tech...
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I think you all are having a placebo effect because of Sprint 4g and the evo. I don't see a reason for turning 4g of and if u do feel the need pull the sim card. and if your in a city with out 4g no need for having the sim card in place. going 4g is like going 1x to 3g and vise versus. u can't turn of 3g.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Uhhh, nope. We're putting both of our T-Bolts through the paces, and just for giggles threw a brand new battery into our trusty Evo so it wouldn't be "conditioned" yet. The Bolts died an hour before we got the "WARNING PLUG YOUR PHONE IN" message on the Evo and are now charging. Again. The Desire/Inspire is still running and has the smallest battery of the 3!

Don't try to dog another carrier because you are basically calling everyone who is having battery issues a liar. The bolt is a good phone, but the battery life leaves plenty to be desired when you use it.

Also, when we pull out our sim cards, we get NO CONNECTION, (no 3G, no 4G, no nothing) so what are you talking about?
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMadMan View Post
    I don't think you can have a placebo effect when you actually have the phone and see your battery drain quick
    No ****.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast