Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nate44 View Post
    calm down
    there's a lot of that today.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Why yes, as a matter of fact I do, but thanks for the laugh you angry little man. You (or maybe it was someone else) said to pull the sim card out to conserve battery and quit searching for 4G. Why in the hell would anyone want to do that? That's what prompted my comment. If you don't like my comment, quit putting out stupid information. If you didn't make the original comment, quit trying to **** into other posts and learn how to read. They have these tapes that will help you with the reading part.

Here is the post I replied to, from Moosc: He wrote "I think you all are having a placebo effect because of Sprint 4g and the evo. I don't see a reason for turning 4g of and if u do feel the need pull the sim card. and if your in a city with out 4g no need for having the sim card in place. going 4g is like going 1x to 3g and vise versus. u can't turn of 3g."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Pull the sim card if I'm not in a 4G city? Why the hell would I do that? Not very good advice. While you can't turn off 3G, if you pull that sim card, you disable everything as it is for authentication. It's also how VZW will disable your phone in the future if they want to.
    Helpful info with regards to the sim card:

Thunderbolt and ALL future 4G VZW devices require a UICC SIM card. - xda-developers
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,448 Global Posts

I'll get the extended battery no big deal.
    Thanked by:
    ndngq 

Picked mine up at 9am central this morning. Its 701pm now. It wasn't charged very much when I picked it up. Plugged it into my car for approximately 45 minutes to an hour on my way to work. Talked on it, surfed on it, used it as a hotspot, sent messages, emails and took videos and pictures. I am using WIFI and bluetooth in my car. Still has plenty of battery left.

seems that HTC makes a good phone, good software, but seem to skimp on the batteries. I had to buy my wife an aftermarket one so she could get through the day. That seems to be how they save money, but seems to cost us more in the long run. Make sure you turn off all the extras like GPS, auto sync, blue tooth when not needed, make sure you use a program that has quick system links in it so you can turn on and off quickly

we knew it was bad. I would rather they release it and work on getting it fixes. Just glad I have it. Now if it would just make calls

It's been over 4 hours for me now from a full charge to 15% and streaming Pandora nearly the entire time while browsing the web during most of that time, playing a game or two and updating a few things. On par with my laptop, lol.

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

Dang, I don't know what you guys are doing. But I've had my screen on full brightness, used wifi hotspot. played some games, downloaded lots of stuff from the market etc for the last two hours and I only lost 20% of the battery. This is amazinggg!! My OG droid would suck up 50% battery in half that time.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    Just tap the weather/time widget on your home screen. You'll see it in the bottom right corner.
    I've owned an Incredible since launch day... and I never knew that existed until right now!
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by vdefender View Post
    Dang, I don't know what you guys are doing. But I've had my screen on full brightness, used wifi hotspot. played some games, downloaded lots of stuff from the market etc for the last two hours and I only lost 20% of the battery. This is amazinggg!! My OG droid would suck up 50% battery in half that time.
    Can you list your setting like:

wifi
    GPS
    Screen timeout
    Haptic feedback
    Super Genius

Global Posts
    2,781 Global Posts
    ROM
    T Shed 1.6, 605.9 rdo

Some results may vary...

Also I would note also that android is programmed to learn you your usage patterns. That way it knows what you need running and can keep those processes live. This takes some time depending on your usage. But once it does it helps battery life because the cpu isn't opening apps constantly. This is why task killers can cause issues.

I did notice that the TB didn't have a task killer pre installed which may show that people are learning about that.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by vdefender View Post
    Non 4g area?

I picked my tb up from verizon today around 1:30. When I left I had the store it had a 30% charge. Instead of working as I should of been, I used the phone, heavily until about 5:30 when it finally died. That usage would have killed my old incredible with a full charge. So far, I am impressed. FYI I am in an area WITHOUT 4G

Default i had the full blown gps on and that was murdering my battery.

It seems to be a lot better since I turned that off.

You can "turn off" 4G???

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sunlifexxx View Post
    seems that HTC makes a good phone, good software, but seem to skimp on the batteries. I had to buy my wife an aftermarket one so she could get through the day. That seems to be how they save money, but seems to cost us more in the long run. Make sure you turn off all the extras like GPS, auto sync, blue tooth when not needed, make sure you use a program that has quick system links in it so you can turn on and off quickly
    I have no real battery issues, but all I can say is: ISN'T IT WONDERFUL TO HAVE A PHONE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO DO ALL OF THAT!

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

This is called "bump charging". There were tons of articles about this since the Inc required this as well. I can confirm it works very well on the Inc; should work just as well for the Bolt

Read this. It explains absolutely EVERYTHING about bump charging and how/why it works for HTC phones:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67&postcount=1
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #144  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rigorx View Post
    Y'all realize these batteries don't reach their potential until about 4-6 full charge cycles in, right ? My Eris battery kinda sucked at first. Then like magically got WAY better after the 5th or 6th charge.
    Exactly...you really can't comment on battery life right now. Give your phone at least two nights of charging for at least 9-10 hours each night.

Going off topic... If you're not happy with the keyboard, try a different one. I like using SmartKeyboard Pro.
    I like the features of the stock keyboard but find myself typing a lot of errors... It's a little too small for me. I gave it a chance but it's not for me... switching it up.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreday24 View Post
    No **** thats whats supposed to happen
    Do you actually know how a sim card works?
    Do you have any idea what happens to a thread when you post something like this?

Everyone: Debates = good. Personal attacks = childish and wrong.

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by dan1668 View Post
    Non 4g area?
    I live in the greater Seattle area. We have 4G everywhere up here. I did like 10 speed tests, synced all my stuff, played with the google maps with the gps on etc etc. I was riding in the car while a friend was driving. So I got to test the 4G cell tower handover, and the 3G to 4G, and 4G to 3G handover. All is working great!!!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Excellent XDA article! Thanks much for posting it.

All I do is remember to plug in when I come home and when in the car. No issues at all.

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Can you list your setting like:

wifi
    GPS
    Screen timeout
    Haptic feedback
    Wifi has been off, I never use wifi unless i'm doing hotspot.
    -In my experience, wifi is always the biggest battery drain.
    GPS is always on with my phones. I use it way too much.
    Screen timeout is default haven't changed that
    Haptic feedback is on for everything.

Yeah, IDK. I think the battery life is great. And when I order my slim-1600mah seidio battery it will be even better =)

Of course this is all sort of preliminary. As I haven't unplugged it at 7am and headed to work for a full day yet. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    Excellent XDA article! Thanks much for posting it.

All I do is remember to plug in when I come home and when in the car. No issues at all.
    Heh, happy to help.

But yea, that article is a MUST READ for anyone who wants to know why bump charging works and why their battery goes down 10% after 10 minutes first thing in the morning

(article link is just a few posts up for this one)
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I didn't read all 15 pages, I admit. Does it still appear to need bump charging? I love my Incredible but I'm not getting another hTC phone with battery issues.
    Last edited by BSG75; 03-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast