Thunderbolt Battery Complaints + Tips/Tricks

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If I have a car charger that works with an Incredible, is it good to use with this? Or does this require a special charger?

kgar2121

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
is there anywhere to get a separate charger for an extra battery? either for another stock battery, or one from a third party (seidio, etc)?

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I really complain about battery life. I unplugged at 4 this afternoon so about 7 hours ago and I'm still at 50% using it moderately all night. I put the display around 20%.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
We never got all day out of ANY phone with a 4.3" screen without setting the display down to 25%. Motorola or HTC. Motorola does have better battery life though.

Better life because more juice in their batteries? The TB has a puny 1400, the Bionic has a reported 1900+!!!!!

Even the after market, same size as OM, battery only has 1600. Sounds like HTC needed to make room for a bigger battery. :mad:

The EVO aftermarket battery is 1750.

goalie

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
and another newby post...

what is the REAL answer to this debate? i was told exactly the opposite about my TB earlier today...

>>>If you are someone who can top off your phone on a regular basis, do it. Plug it in when you're at home. Plug it in when you're at your desk. As explained by Battery University, "Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory."

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Not at all true. I have my X set to 80% brightness and the battery stays in performance mode. I use the device all day log and go to bed around mid night with 40% to 60% battery left.

However, as far as this TB thread goes...the phone is an HTC...what did everyone expect? I don't think a single htc device exist that runs more than 6 or 7 hours before it dies. You just need to keep a charger handy and plug it in whenever in the car.

My DX always had yo be set in smart mode. Otherwise it would run out of juice before I left work if it was a busy play day. Right now, with admittedly heavy usage and screen set to full brightness I get about 6 hours, that's redownloading apps, and checking out all my websites. Can see getting 10 hours of moderate use by Sunday.

ultrav23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine completed a full charge around 3pm this afternoon. Since then I have used it for a solid 4 hours of use and 2 hours of moderate use and 2 hours of standby. I still have 70% battery life left. This is 10x my Inc by far. To be honest it all comes done to how you use the phone and what you have running. Just be smart about it and it shouldn't be a problem to get through a day!

noalear

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Guys, these batteries are straight messed up. Plug your phone in and watch the charge percentage. There are massive jumps in short spans of time. The sticker on my USB charge cable says 4 hour charge time. Mines almost charged 80% in 30 minutes with the outlet adapter. I restarted my phone at 75%, when it came back on it said 68%. I would highly highly recommend we all try the XDA advice tonight. I think we'll see massive changes in our batteries. Mine has been lasting under an hour with just pandora playing through my car stereo in a 4G city. everything is shut off, display battery consumption was only 45% and my 10 minute phone call was 27%.

None of that adds up at all. I do my best to keep the screen dark/off and data use to a minimum. What this does point to is a charging/reading error on our phones. Its simply wrong. Hopefully the XDA instructions will get it right.

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This phone will be a killer once we can get a root. The following applications automatically re-load after getting killed by Task Killer:

Gmail
Stocks
Facebook
News
Voice Search
Google Search
Market
Mobile IM

Only app I may use would be Gmail and Facebook. The rest can die and stay dead. The 'Freeze' app [forgot the name] worked wonders on my DX, and will use it here; if there is the update issue where the DX wouldn't update if the pre-installed apps were deleted.

On a side note; this is a brand new phone straight out of the box - the battery should level out at some point. I fail to see how after all of the testing that HTC would release a phone with such a low battery life. Especially seeing as VZW is using this as their flagship for LTE. Then again, this is VZW and they are known for their usless bloatware.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well after a full day at work with it same use as my incredible and way better battery life. But going to BBY tomorrow i have the light leak thing at the bottom, and my plastic thing is a lil pushed in.

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I do have one problem

I cant make the camara work. I just got a black screen. 3 minues later i got a message to tap the screen :'( to activate the camara, but still just black :mad:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the software is smart enough to send background data over EVDO when the phone's screen is off? I mean, think about it: there's no reason for the background data to be sent using LTE, since its 'background' data. Would be a smart move to conserve battery life.

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
man it's too bad this battery problem has caused such a nice device a bad wrap. Hopefully there will be a software update than can help it

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I've owned an Incredible since launch day... and I never knew that existed until right now! :cool:

i too have had an Incredible since day one. never knew this. However i tap the weather widget, I get the the weather info. no percetage any where to be found. What am I missing?

vbctv

Mar 16, 2011
vbctv.com
I fully charged my battery yesterday. Then I went through and did all my settings. You have to turn all vibrations off. That is a phone killer. Even the keyboard vibrations which is under the keyboard settings.
I had my brightness set to auto. I changed my sync settings to 1 or 2 hours and my IMAP email to 4 hours during peak times.
I went bike riding and put the phone is my holster. I streamed iheartradio for about 3 hours yesterday and didn't even make a dent in the battery. And this is on the standard battery.

After about 6 hours I was down to 70%. It jumped down after I went on Skyfire and was browsing the internet watching some videos. So I'm guessing videos take more battery on this phone.

Today I'm going to test 25% screen brightness.

The other thing I noticed even with my DINC before this phone is that WiFi doesn't affect the battery that bad if your settings are good. I stay on WiFi alot, especially at home. I have 50mbps at home through COX. And the battery life is the same if I'm on the mobile network or wifi.
I was trying this with the TB yesterday and I'm getting about the same results but it need more testing. I'll let everyone know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae