Thunderbolt Battery Complaints + Tips/Tricks

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Then you should know that over the next couple days the battery life will improve.

Thats really not the issue though. It was purely ******ed not to add a way in to turn off 4G. Thats really the only way im able to make it through the day with my Evo. And yes the Evo battery improved, but still nowhere near enough to make it a whole day without a modified kernel and keeping 4G off. SMH this is terrible..

Reactions: zenit#AC

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
The problem is, most people are playing with they're phone for the first few days, so the battery life would be skewed anyway.

Give it a few days to settle down, then check about battery life.

I am not touching my device, its display is off, and it is hardly configured (Market synced some apps that I use on my Droid and Xoom, that's all) and it is charging via USB to my computer. And by charging I mean it is losing 1% battery life every twenty minutes or so, despite being hooked up to the PC.

Something tells me that there will be another firmware update coming in the very near future...

*EDIT* I've battery pulled my phone (the battery was at 40C for some reason) and now it is charging properly. I would suggest the rest of you do the same if you haven't done so after getting the phone from the store.

Last edited:

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You'd better start heading back to Verizon then. No phone with a 4.3" display (I've played with them ALL) lasts more than a few hours if you don't turn the screen down. I work for HP. We play with EVERYTHING that gets released. (and copy the good ideas :)) I don't know if Verizon promised you guys better battery life, but if they did, they lied. You need a bigger battery and a smaller processor if you want to keep the 4.3" screen. Also, some kind of rooted ROM works on a few of the phones.
I've played video nonstop on my Droid X for over 2 hours at about 80% brightness(Futurama and Boondocks episodes) and my battery dropped about 25% in the process.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get the extended battery?

I got mine for $25 at Verizon when I bought my phones , I really think that's the way to go ...only 25 bucks to double the battery life

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Those of you with the TB, how bad does it look with the screen set to 25%? I would think that would be awfully dim.

It looks fine to me, but then again I wasn't unhappy with the Droid X screen set down to under 25%.

I'd like to see a pic of the extended battery ON the phone....

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thats really not the issue though. It was purely ******ed not to add a way in to turn off 4G. Thats really the only way im able to make it through the day with my Evo. And yes the Evo battery improved, but still nowhere near enough to make it a whole day without a modified kernel and keeping 4G off. SMH this is terrible..

With moderate use. I unplug at about 6:50- 7am.
At about 5pm or so when I get home I am still at about
30-40%. I use it on and off till about 9 then I plug it in overnight. I noticed after updating my PRL settings regularly?
My battery life is acceptable.

As far as the Thunderbolt not having a 4G on/off widget?
I agree that will be a problem. I mean what if you live in a non 4G area? If this is true that the Thunderbolt has no 4G
Widget? That's a Major fail on whomever decided to leave it out? Especially, knowing how important that feature is on the Evo.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
the extended battery cover looks like a bump out. I got one but want to see what the battery life is like before I do anything with it

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get the extended battery?

I got mine for $25 at Verizon when I bought my phones , I really think that's the way to go ...only 25 bucks to double the battery life

How did you get it for $25? Thought it was $49.99?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Crazy close game the entire way. I was hoping for an ODU win as I live in VA.

My perfect bracket gone after 2 games. I had ODU winning that one.

Back on topic though - I charged my Bolt to full after picking it up this morning at the Verizon store. I had class around 1 so it's been 2 and a half hours or more that it's gone without a charge, and I'm still at 100%. I've done some tweeting, answered a call, and have been texting as well as messing with settings.

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So is the bad battery life being exagerated? I am a pretty heavy texter, anywhere from 50-100+ a day, I talk on the phone a couple hrs a day, do a little internet browsing and the random game here or there.. FYI I am on 3g no 4g in my area until the end of the year.. Any idea if I would get decent battery life? I am coming from an iphone 4 where I dont have to charge it for a good 2 days if not longer, so if I can come close to making it a whole day without a charge Id have no prob exchanging my iphone. Heck even if I have to charge it once mid day I can deal.

skipfreely

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to get over 4 hours off the initial charge streaming non-stop with audio 100%. If I can get that with display and network running I don't see how it will not get through a full day with normal use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed