Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by dizlmonsta View Post

Once you try it a couple times you'll find it's easy, even if you have almost no nails (from biting them) like me.
    Or because you broke them trying to open it.
    Thanked by:

I have yet to take it off myself.

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one

You think this is bad. The HTC Inspire is muuuuuch worse. The Thunderbolt is an improvement, but still challenging.

The easiest way to remove the cover is to drop the phone from about two feet onto a hard floor. The battery cover will pop right off! I am experienced in this method.....

It's at least easier then the back cover of an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post
    The easiest way to remove the cover is to drop the phone from about two feet onto a hard floor. The battery cover will pop right off! I am experienced in this method.....
    Me too, unfortunately.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    I have yet to take it off myself.

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one
    Then you haven't found the hidden surprise

I don't think dropping the phone is the best idea to remove the cover. I have noticed it has become a little easier after its been removed a few times, still not simple to remove. I guess that its better this way then if it was to easy and fell off on its own.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Re: Couldn't HTC make the back cover any harder to remove?

Used the credit card trick and ended up with blue shavings on my phone from the card. I'll use one that isn't so heavily decorated next time. It worked though so thanks, I was having a terrible time getting the cover off.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you are trying to pull the battery for a reboot... have you tried holding both volume buttons and the power button? It reboots the phone for you so you don't have to pull the battery. Just giving you all a heads up.

Lightbulb Re: Couldn't HTC make the back cover any harder to remove?

Andrew Ruffolo...you are a genius!! I've been struggling off and on all day to get the back cover off to re-boot after my phone shut down and would not turn on. I held the buttons down for a couple of seconds and my phone re-booted and is working great now.
    The last time it shut down, after about 24 hours it just turned on magically.
    Thanks for the excellent advice!!

I like the fact that it is a little difficult to pry open, BUT I hate seeing my nails get ruined in the process and I keep them nicely manicured. So am going to try the dime/penney idea.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I find it easy now but at first it was difficult. No one on here mentioned this but you should have your thumb on the bottom center of the cover as you pull at the top of the cover with your index.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo173 View Post
    It is hard!
    As long as it doesn't last for more than four hours it sb okay.
    Last edited by ggrr8t; 07-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Press thumb on htc logo center of cover. Pry with opposite hand forefinger. N it pops right off

Yeah, it doesn't just slide off like my OG did, but it's not *that* difficult. I mean you're talking about like an extra 1 or 2 seconds to remove the cover, as opposed to one that you can remove with one hand, like the OG.

Just use the tips in this thread, and you'll get the hang of it. I remove mine once or twice a day to swap batteries, and after you do it a few times, you not only get used to the technique, but it seems to "loosen up" a little bit, so that I have literally no trouble getting at it at this point.

EDIT: And I guess after reading posts on this particular Android site for a few years now, I finally decided to post. LOL. I thought I would have posted here at least once before...but I guess the information on this board is so good that I haven't felt the need. :-)
    Last edited by wazup7; 07-09-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: an unrelated afterthought

I never have any reason to take my cover off...but I have heard that a guitar pick works very well for this job! Good for popping the miserable car remote covers to replace the battery too I am told....

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

my problem isn't the battery cover, it is the Body Glove hard case that I have on it. You practically have to be a controsionist to pry it off. After awhile, it is coming off easier...but still....dang!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AstroStrat89 View Post
    It's at least easier then the back cover of an iPhone.
    you do realize that the cover is not actually "removable", right? you have to dismantle the entire iphone and then cut the cables attached to it to "remove" it, as of the iphone 4g. anything earlier than that would just be a matter of disconnecting all the snap-in cables and removing the front piece. why one would even do this is beyond me, as you cant just simply change the battery. its soldered in.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cyberkeeper1 View Post
    you do realize that the cover is not actually "removable", right? you have to dismantle the entire iphone and then cut the cables attached to it to "remove" it, as of the iphone 4g. anything earlier than that would just be a matter of disconnecting all the snap-in cables and removing the front piece. why one would even do this is beyond me, as you cant just simply change the battery. its soldered in.
    You need to download AndroSensor. I think your sarcasm detector blew out, and you need to call support for an RMA.
    Who? likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12