Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Couldn't HTC make the back cover any harder to remove?

Talk about a pain in the a$$ attempting to remove the back battery cover. The sales rep couldn't do it, so I tried and I damn near broke it attempting to remove it. That's my only complaint with the phone so far. Other than that I love it.
    kao708 likes this.

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

I agree on that. But got hang of it now.
    i7 PC/Mac Mini - iPad 1(EX) - iPad 2 - Droid Incredible(EX) - HTC Thunderbolt!! - ATV2
    Just all around Tech Geek!
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Our guys said the same thing but have it down to a science now. Except for getting it to connect to anything. BBL with a connection hopefully.

Best thing to do is use a corner of a credit card...it was like that with the Incredible as well. Just pry it open with the corner and then slide the card right or left and it'll pop off.
    Thanked by 3:
    kao708 likes this.

I find this to be good news - my battery cover on my Droid falls off constantly. I'm surprised I haven't lost it!

Wow even with the good credit card tip I feel like I am going to break it every time. Its also not simple to reinstall. I have to go around the entire edge snaping each tab fully into place. There must be another trick for this...

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

Yep its somewhat of a pos feature. Kinda kills my plan to swap out batteries when my three hours of use are up. Take off the cover.... pry off the cover ... twig the battery out and repeat.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I used a penny... worked perfectly. Just put it in the slot and twist!
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by 3:
    BostonBeats88 and kao708 like this.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I know a weak Admin, not gonna say his name but it rhymes with Tory. That had a hard time opening it too. So don't feel bad.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

I don't think it's that difficult at all? But I will admit that it is harder than say the OG droid was.

The penny works perfectly!!!!

I'd rather have it incredibly hard to remove and sturdy as opposed to creaking and possibly falling off.
    Thanked by:
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I like it. Make it TOO easy then people will say it's too cheap.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Axiom Crossbreed

It is hard!

ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    I used a penny... worked perfectly. Just put it in the slot and twist!
    Wholly junk that worked great with a dime! Thanks

Sent from Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It is really hard for me to get the back cover off. I don't take mine off very often...

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Its better then my old X, that cover was constantly coming off.

Yes, I believe they can. I heard that the Thunderbolt II will be so hard to open it will need a special tool ($69.99 extra) to pry it open.

But they are also in talks with Apple to figure out a way to just weld it shut.
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Hmm I honestly thing that back cover on the thunderbolt is one of the easiest to remove. Stick your nail on the top opening and pull it towards you, comes off instantly. Unless he was sticking his hands in the wrong places to remove it, lol.
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo173 View Post
    It is hard!
    Thats what she said!

When I had the Bolt I was so afraid I was going to break off the back off attempting to switch batteries. Another reason I always recommend the 2750mAh OEM Extended Battery.

The easy way for me is to open it from one corner using my finger nail pops right off
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

popped right off for me too. If it were easier to remove and not as sturdy people would say its cheap feeling.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Coupla things...

First... you guys are worried about breaking the cover, I'm worried about breaking my nail! Geeze!

Second... the penny/dime idea I need to try. I tried a screw driver (twisting) and it put a little mark on the case so I don't want to do that anymore.

Third... seriously, I've found that it is best to put it face down on a flat table and hold it down while you pull the back up with your fingernail. Holding it flat down seems to make it a lot easier than just holding the whole thing in your hands.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Here is the trick guys:

Use your index finger nail to start to pry the top where the slit is. You just need to pry it back a tiny bit... then at the SAME TIME use your middle finger (aha!) nail to get in between the phone and the cover just to the right of the slit, now that you've created just a tiny bit of space for it with your index finger. Now slide the middle finger nail over to the CORNER, and pop it off, easily.

Once you try it a couple times you'll find it's easy, even if you have almost no nails (from biting them) like me.
    Sent from my Galecksee S3.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast