Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    I saw the 3 or 4 posts where people were trying to use the Desire and Inspire one, and didn't see your post. I haven't got hands on ours at all today. Everyone else is playing with them, so I'm actually working today.
    You and me both Looking forward to the package arriving.

I can't find it on my SD card.....?

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I called HTC and they said the .exe file was never installed on the SIM card even though the instructions in the user guide tell you it has been. He also told me the link in the previous message is over loaded (a US site) and to use the one I am posting below. I struggled for over an hour trying to figure this out and it took less then 3 minutes downloading from this site and another 5 to sync.

Choose the following from the drop down at the bottom of this page-it is the only choice from the dropdown then download.
    Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phone
    Thanked by 2:

i was having problems getting Sync to recognize my Thunderbolt, but i found away around.

1)open Sync on computer
    2)unmount SD card on device. menu>settings>SD & phone storage>unmount SD card.
    3)Connect device to computer with factory USB cord

Sync should now recognize your Thunderbolt.
    While connected remount the SD card and sync away.
    Thanked by:

Is anyone else having a catastrophically slow connection to download Sync from HTC?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    You might want to try the actual Thunderbolt link below

-Frank
    Lol. When I created the thread, they did not have an official link to HTC Sync for the Thunderbolt. But it showed up a few days after.

For those that just want to load music:

Set the default connection to Disk
    Then copy your music using windows explorer. It doesn't seem like you have to be very picky on where you put the files. Just create a music folder and dump your tracks in there. The stock music player and Winamp will pick them up just fine. I originally tried to load the music with the sync software and had issues. I got it loaded but then I couldn't get the files to play. It gave an error stating that the file types were unsupported (.wma files). Haven't had any issues with just using windows explorer.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Nook Color running CM7
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by KingKenai View Post
    i was having problems getting Sync to recognize my Thunderbolt, but i found away around.

1)open Sync on computer
    2)unmount SD card on device. menu>settings>SD & phone storage>unmount SD card.
    3)Connect device to computer with factory USB cord

Sync should now recognize your Thunderbolt.
    While connected remount the SD card and sync away.
    Well this trick worked for me but now I ran into another problem. After I selected the folders my music files are in I selected the checkmark next to the sync playlist option and nothing shows up in the list. What do I need to do to get my playlists from itunes to show up there?

new to Android and HTC. downloaded HTC Sync. It works but only with a complete reboot of the laptop with Thunderbolt plugged into computer. Automatically opens sync and then works. If I plug it in without a reboot, HTC Sync ids the phone for about 4 seconds then tells me there's no connection.

Any suggestions for avoiding a full reboot every time I want/need to sync?

Thanks.

Exclamation On sd card..

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Also, I posted above that the program is already on your SD card.
    Hey Cory
    Just to let you know its not on my SD card. I have never formatted the SD card and it is the one that came with my bolt.
    I have checked in every folder and triple checked. It's just not there.
    I have no idea why.
    Just wanted to let you know.
    Thanks
    Ronin
    Samuraifortruth.wordpress.com

i keep getting this error "htc driver installer 3.0.0.005 appears to have failed" when i try to install htc sense anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by samuraifortruth View Post
    Hey Cory
    Just to let you know its not on my SD card. I have never formatted the SD card and it is the one that came with my bolt.
    I have checked in every folder and triple checked. It's just not there.
    I have no idea why.
    Just wanted to let you know.
    Thanks
    Ronin
    Would you mind doing a screen cap of what comes up when you connect it so we can see what you're working with?

No problem downloading and installing from HTC site. Transfers from Outlook ok but some duplicates and noticeable differences between address entries in Outlook and on the TB.

If anyone else has seen this and knows of a fix please let me know.

Well I am having some problems too... HTC Sync is installed but and so is Verizion V Cast Media.... I cant see my Thunderbolt in V Cast, and Sync says no device found....

I tried uninstalling V Cast and when I do the pc locks up when I plug the phone in on Drive mode.

I also cant even see the drive, when I first plug it in it shows up as a CD drive, then vanishes.

Quote Originally Posted by jas o View Post
    Cory

How does missing sync compare to companion link? I have companion Link but it is hit or miss if it works. Thanks
    My experience with Missing Sync is a complete FAIL! I have spent hours with their tech support and the app continues to hang and not perform. Avoid Missing Sync from Mark/Space.

Thanks!..........big help buddy

Default Re: HTC Sync?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfon711 View Post
    It worked!! If you guys want to use HTC Sync, download it from HTC (the link I gave above). I know it says it's for the Inspire, but the Thunderbolt will show up once you install HTCSync. Yay!

P.S. Internet Pass-through works as well.
    Do you know if this also works for the Verizon version?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12