soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is HTC Sync available for the Thunderbolt? I am not too sure what it does, but my phone won't let me use internet pass-through because it says I don't have HTC Sync 3.0. Can someone please help me out?

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It worked!! If you guys want to use HTC Sync, download it from HTC (the link I gave above). I know it says it's for the Inspire, but the Thunderbolt will show up once you install HTCSync. Yay!

P.S. Internet Pass-through works as well.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It worked!! If you guys want to use HTC Sync, download it from HTC (the link I gave above). I know it says it's for the Inspire, but the Thunderbolt will show up once you install HTCSync. Yay!

P.S. Internet Pass-through works as well.

you wouldn't mind posting steps for getting this to work properly would you, after the htc 3 is downloaded and installed. then what must be done next.. thanks..

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
btw, I know you can export your contacts from Outlook as a csv and import them into GMAIL to get your contacts over, but I was trying to sync it through HTC Sync so that I can get my contacts pictures, etc transferred over also.

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded htc sync, but it says my phone can't find it on my computer. i have it dl'ed and open on my pc, and have the phone connected and set to htc sync...any ideas?

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
anyone having issues after installing sync onto pc? I cannot get sync to recognize my phone.

Make sure you are using usb cable that came with your phone. Not all cables will work.

Then on TB / settings / Connect to pc / Default connection type / Press / make sure HTC sync is selcted.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Noob here...What exactly is HTC sync for? and do I download it then install it on my phone?

HTC sync is downloaded to your computer, used to primaraly sync sontacts from outlook to TB. Severeval other uses once you getting into program that you can see.

Reactions: lovy

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not a very feature rich program IMHO. Gmail, and Exchange are better. I guess if you absolutely have to download from Outlook for free, then HTC Sync is one way to go. If you can shell out $40, is also an option. Okay, those are all opinions, not a direct answer to the problem, so sorry for digressing. It just seems like the HTC Sync problem has one that comes up a lot on all of their phones.

Reactions: pppilot

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It's not a very feature rich program IMHO. Gmail, and Exchange are better. I guess if you absolutely have to download from Outlook for free, then HTC Sync is one way to go. If you can shell out $40, is also an option. Okay, those are all opinions, not a direct answer to the problem, so sorry for digressing. It just seems like the HTC Sync problem has one that comes up a lot on all of their phones.

Cory

How does missing sync compare to companion link? I have companion Link but it is hit or miss if it works. Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is from the manual. I reworded some things a little bit.

Things that stood out:
  • Must use cable that came with the phone.
  • No Mac version.
  • Program is already on the SD card.
  • It does more than what I said above.
  • Go to page 144 to see how to use it once installed.

Features:

• Sync your contacts between your Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Contacts on your computer and your phone.
  • Sync your calendar events between the Outlook or Windows
  • Calendar on your computer and your phone.
  • Bring your photos, videos, documents, songs, and playlists from your computer to your phone and enjoy them on the go. You need a microSD card inserted into your phone to be able to sync multimedia files, maps, and documents.
  • Sync bookmarks inside the “HTC Bookmarks” favorites folder on your computer and all bookmarks stored on your phone’s web browser.
  • Download maps and useful add-on services for your phone’s Locations app to your computer first, and then sync them to your phone.
  • Install third-party mobile phone apps (not downloaded from Android Market) from your computer.

Preparation:
  1. Make sure the microSD card is inserted to your phone. Copy the HTC Sync installer from the microSD card to your computer and use it to install.
  2. The HTC Sync version in the microSD card that came with your phone can be installed on a computer running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP.
  3. HTC Sync requires USB .0 on your computer to connect and sync with your phone.
  4. For trouble-free installation, first quit all running programs and temporarily exit from your anti-virus program before you start installing HTC Sync.

Installing:

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. On your phone’s Connect to PC screen, tap Disk drive, and then tap Done.
  3. On your computer, the connected phone is recognized as a removable disk.
  4. Navigate to the removable disk and open it.
  5. Copy HTCSync.exe to your computer.
  6. After copying, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected phone) as required by your computer’s operating system to safely remove your phone.
  7. On your computer, double-click HTCSync.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install HTC Sync.
  8. After installing HTC Sync, the HTC Sync icon ( ) is added to your computer’s system tray (check the bottom-right side of your computer screen). You can double-click this icon to open HTC Sync.

Setting up HTC Sync to recognize your phone.

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. On your phone’s Connect to PC screen, tap HTC Sync, and then tap Done.
  3. On your computer, wait for HTC Sync to recognize your phone.
  4. When the Device setup screen opens, enter a name for your phone, and then click Save.
  5. The Device panel then opens.

Reactions: samuraifortruth
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to sync Itunes playlists using the HTC Sync you linked above? I tried doing this but it just says syncing for about 30 seconds then cancels. On my phone it does not show any history even though it looks like it attempts to sync. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

I had this problem initially. The first couple of times it said that it was syncing for a minute but nothing went over. I unplugged the phone and restarted the sync programs and then it synced the music over. Just switching to charge only didn't work. I unplugged the phone, shut down HTC sync, then reopened HTC sync and then plugged in the phone. Then it worked. I was using the WMP playlists, but I don't think that should have any differences in this case.