Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem initially. The first couple of times it said that it was syncing for a minute but nothing went over. I unplugged the phone and restarted the sync programs and then it synced the music over. Just switching to charge only didn't work. I unplugged the phone, shut down HTC sync, then reopened HTC sync and then plugged in the phone. Then it worked. I was using the WMP playlists, but I don't think that should have any differences in this case.

Thanks! I tried it again today and it appears to be syncing over the files. Only real difference I did was to set HTC Sync as my default connection method. I did have to unplug it and plug it back in today.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sync is only going to sync contacts from your on computer address book (think outlook) and your on computer calendar (think outlook calendar). All the google stuff will sync up OTA without running sync at all. I only use it because I have over 800 contacts I don't want to add one by one. Other than that, not much of a reason for it in my case.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I saw the 3 or 4 posts where people were trying to use the Desire and Inspire one, and didn't see your post. I haven't got hands on ours at all today. Everyone else is playing with them, so I'm actually working today.

You and me both :p Looking forward to the package arriving.

mmontel

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I called HTC and they said the .exe file was never installed on the SIM card even though the instructions in the user guide tell you it has been. He also told me the link in the previous message is over loaded (a US site) and to use the one I am posting below. I struggled for over an hour trying to figure this out and it took less then 3 minutes downloading from this site and another 5 to sync.

Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones (NAM)

Choose the following from the drop down at the bottom of this page-it is the only choice from the dropdown then download.
Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phone

KingKenai

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i was having problems getting Sync to recognize my Thunderbolt, but i found away around.

1)open Sync on computer
2)unmount SD card on device. menu>settings>SD & phone storage>unmount SD card.
3)Connect device to computer with factory USB cord

Sync should now recognize your Thunderbolt.
While connected remount the SD card and sync away.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For those that just want to load music:

Set the default connection to Disk
Then copy your music using windows explorer. It doesn't seem like you have to be very picky on where you put the files. Just create a music folder and dump your tracks in there. The stock music player and Winamp will pick them up just fine. I originally tried to load the music with the sync software and had issues. I got it loaded but then I couldn't get the files to play. It gave an error stating that the file types were unsupported (.wma files). Haven't had any issues with just using windows explorer.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i was having problems getting Sync to recognize my Thunderbolt, but i found away around.

1)open Sync on computer
2)unmount SD card on device. menu>settings>SD & phone storage>unmount SD card.
3)Connect device to computer with factory USB cord

Sync should now recognize your Thunderbolt.
While connected remount the SD card and sync away.

Well this trick worked for me but now I ran into another problem. After I selected the folders my music files are in I selected the checkmark next to the sync playlist option and nothing shows up in the list. What do I need to do to get my playlists from itunes to show up there?

brett412

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
new to Android and HTC. downloaded HTC Sync. It works but only with a complete reboot of the laptop with Thunderbolt plugged into computer. Automatically opens sync and then works. If I plug it in without a reboot, HTC Sync ids the phone for about 4 seconds then tells me there's no connection.

Any suggestions for avoiding a full reboot every time I want/need to sync?

Thanks.

samuraifortruth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
On sd card..

Also, I posted above that the program is already on your SD card.

Hey Cory
Just to let you know its not on my SD card. I have never formatted the SD card and it is the one that came with my bolt.
I have checked in every folder and triple checked. It's just not there.
I have no idea why.
Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks
Ronin

anon(237872)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Cory
Just to let you know its not on my SD card. I have never formatted the SD card and it is the one that came with my bolt.
I have checked in every folder and triple checked. It's just not there.
I have no idea why.
Just wanted to let you know.
Thanks
Ronin

Would you mind doing a screen cap of what comes up when you connect it so we can see what you're working with?

arcee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
No problem downloading and installing from HTC site. Transfers from Outlook ok but some duplicates and noticeable differences between address entries in Outlook and on the TB.

If anyone else has seen this and knows of a fix please let me know.

techmiller

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I am having some problems too... HTC Sync is installed but and so is Verizion V Cast Media.... I cant see my Thunderbolt in V Cast, and Sync says no device found....

I tried uninstalling V Cast and when I do the pc locks up when I plug the phone in on Drive mode.

I also cant even see the drive, when I first plug it in it shows up as a CD drive, then vanishes.

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Cory

How does missing sync compare to companion link? I have companion Link but it is hit or miss if it works. Thanks

My experience with Missing Sync is a complete FAIL! I have spent hours with their tech support and the app continues to hang and not perform. Avoid Missing Sync from Mark/Space.