Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I downloaded a couple different car mode apps, and they work really well. If you want to be able to activate car mode without plugging it into the verizon car dock with a cable, then you'll probably have to download one of these. They are always available in the Apps folder once downloaded. I settled on an App called "car home" for my solution.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts

I can get mine out with one hand now. I've found the left side of the phone had to tilt up first, then it comes or much easier.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Ah.. a REAL CLICK!.. Ok.. I was sitting it in the Dock and clamping it down..and charging..thinking that would do it.. But you gotta Grab the right side of that and really Clamp down on it..and you will feel that CLICK... then it offered the option of all my Different Car Dock Apps... Great..

Getting it out of the Dock was another thing..almost had to take off the Mount to get to it.. Grr..

Default Easy Fix

I found the Car Panel after I loaded Circle Launcher (I have no affiliation with the app or developer). When I was setting up a widget I found it listed under the available apps. Free and easy. I use a Clingo mount since the stock car dock was not available in my store yet. I just slap it up, plug it in and tap the Cirle Launch icon and I'm in car mode.

Hope this helps as a work around for you all.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

I actually bought the car dock when i bought the TB (day 1) at opening. I actually stopped back at the store on my lunch hour to tell them the car dock didn't work because i couldn't get my TB to "seat" correctly and i was afraid to really push it in.
    The manager of the store actually worked with it for a few minutes before he got it to fit in. Then he showed me how to get it in the dock easier. I have to make sure i sit my TB with the top of the phone first then press down on the side with the charger. Then it clicks in (actual clicking sound) and then the car dock app opens. I am really loving it. It still takes 2 hands to get it out of the dock, but getting easier every time i use it.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

i had the same experience as other folks. i eventually figured out that you had to press firmly on the right side to get it to "snap-in" before the car panel came up.
    say, does anyone know of a nice app that will enable/disable when the phone is inserted into the car dock? i had such an app on my OG Droid, but it isn't working reliably on my TB. (it was called dockcarswitches)

Alright everybody! I stumbled on this by accident i thought everyone would like to know that you CAN turn on car mode withOUT the dock. Go to voice dialer and say "open car mode" on the HTC thunderbolt and there it is! Its called car panel. Enjoy!

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

There is also a Google one which I like better.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Default Re: From Droid to Sense.. CAR MODE?

I found another loophole to get to car mode! There's a folder app you can download foe free called application folder by j.h. jeong. After you install the app and create a folder to use it will give the option of putting carmode into your folder as an option and there it is for u to easily access at any time.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: From Droid to Sense.. CAR MODE?

Changing launchers will also give you access to the Car Dock app without having to dock it.. it will be in your app drawer. I don't use the car dock but I do use a car mount for the phone and have it set with my Bluetooth to automatically launch the Car Dock app whenever my Bluetooth in my car pairs with the phone... its a setting within the app. Works real nice.. get in my car.. turn on Bluetooth and the Car Dock app automatically launches.
    Thanked by:
    ChromeJob likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12