I thought there was a way to pull in apps and one dislike about tbolt

politjunkie

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I thought there was a way i could pull my apps in from my droid pro automatically, nothing came over. When I went from droid2 to pro i know it did it.

My one complaint is the plug for power should be on the other side, cannot put kickstand down and charge at same time

But that is minor

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
paid apps should transfer automatically if they dont the device will know you have it when you transfer it over and if you have to notify the developer they will take care of it making sure you aren't double charged
except for docs to go there is a fee they charge if not the same device model

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought there was a way i could pull my apps in from my droid pro automatically, nothing came over. When I went from droid2 to pro i know it did it.

My one complaint is the plug for power should be on the other side, cannot put kickstand down and charge at same time

But that is minor
Well, the Droid and the Droid2 were Motorola, not HTC. Different animals. As far as the charging, I'm charging mine right now on the kickstand. Try vertical rather than horizontal.

-Frank

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The apps are restored on a per-device basis. So it will not auto restore the apps from your Droid. However, the apps you purchased on your Droid will show up as purchased on your Tbolt :)

If you want, you can also install your apps to your phone through Google Market's Browser page. This allows you to type quickly/easier with a computer keyboard. This is also how I found out that Google keeps different app setups for different devices as it will list all of the devices associated with your Google account and their respective installed apps.

sisaacs

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to Appbrain, had both devices listed there. I simply brought up the list for my Incredible, clicked on the apps I wanted to transfer, added them to my Thunderbolt list, synced on my thunderbolt and Voila all the apps I wanted to transfer were there ready to install. :) yay!

Reactions: zshazz

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can if you place the phone vertically instead of horizontally with the kickstand.

I really don't understand this design decision. They know people would love to leave it plugged in to watch a movie or stream something... which requires horizontal. Why put the plug there? To force you to buy a cradle?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand this design decision. They know people would love to leave it plugged in to watch a movie or stream something... which requires horizontal. Why put the plug there? To force you to buy a cradle?

Probably to get people to buy the media dock they made for the phone. From the pictures I've seen, it makes this a non-issue. I do have to agree, though, it would have been much better for it to be at the bottom of the phone rather than a side.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to Appbrain, had both devices listed there. I simply brought up the list for my Incredible, clicked on the apps I wanted to transfer, added them to my Thunderbolt list, synced on my thunderbolt and Voila all the apps I wanted to transfer were there ready to install. :) yay!

Exactly what I did! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs