Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Im so lost!

    I'm so lost I been here trying to set up my facebook, twiiter, etc but I dont know where to start, coming from iphone 4 this is totally new to me. I thought I had set up my Facebook but its on something called friendstream, I tried to get my twitter on there as well but don't know how, I dont even know what Bitbop is. love the phone but I feel like im back in Kindergarten
  2. #2  

    Default

    coming from BB - me too...like alice in wonderland - wandering aimlessly
  3. #3  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    For into Android Market and download Facebook for Android. There are a lot of twitter apps to choose from. Plume is the best in my opinion.

    Friendstream is a battery eater. I would stay away from it.
    Thanked by:
    lovy 
  4. #4  
    djcyph's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

    Default

    is there advantage to d/l FB for android over friendstream?
  5. #5  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djcyph View Post
    is there advantage to d/l FB for android over friendstream?
    Has FB chat. You can post pics to friends wall. You can set update notification intervals.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    Has FB chat. You can post pics to friends wall. You can set update notification intervals.
    How do you get ride of friendstream? Stop it from working? I did that and figured out thats not what I wanted and downloaded my facebook for android and twitter app.
  7. #7  
    SUB-dawg's Avatar
    Nexus Lover

    Posts
    1,267 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

    Default

    I am here to help, post any questions you can!
    Follow me on Twitter!



    Add me on Google+

    Link
  8. #8  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am4966 View Post
    How do you get ride of friendstream? Stop it from working? I did that and figured out thats not what I wanted and downloaded my facebook for android and twitter app.
    I don't use sense but I think you can go to settings/applications/friend stream/ clear data then force close.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    I am here to help, post any questions you can!
    How do you stop fieldstream? I want that sucker gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. #10  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am4966 View Post
    How do you stop fieldstream? I want that sucker gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you want it off your screen. Long press on the friendstream widget and drag down to trash can.
    Thanked by:
    am4966 
  11. #11  
    Joelist's Avatar

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

    Default

    Exactly. It's just a Widget so if it is not on a screen it is not running.
    Thanked by:
    am4966 
  12. #12  
    BigRick10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    Exactly. It's just a Widget so if it is not on a screen it is not running.
    It will still run if your logged on.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    For into Android Market and download Facebook for Android. There are a lot of twitter apps to choose from. Plume is the best in my opinion.

    Friendstream is a battery eater. I would stay away from it.
    how do i stop friend stream smh lol I sound pathetic

    I went and looked back at a post that had the answer tysm
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    For into Android Market and download Facebook for Android. There are a lot of twitter apps to choose from. Plume is the best in my opinion.

    Friendstream is a battery eater. I would stay away from it.
    which plume do i use the free one or premium?
  15. #15  

    Default

    I bought the app.... its only a couple of bucks and gets rid of the ads and supports the developer.

    Plume is the best app for twitter in my opinion too.
    Thanked by:
    lovy 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckMackem View Post
    I bought the app.... its only a couple of bucks and gets rid of the ads and supports the developer.

    Plume is the best app for twitter in my opinion too.
    Thank you
  17. #17  

    Default

    What is plume listed under?
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbisson View Post
    What is plume listed under?
    Just search for it in the market. But if you must know, it'll be under social.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackberryconvert2011 View Post
    coming from BB - me too...like alice in wonderland - wandering aimlessly
    Don't worry man, you'll catch on, just play and explore. I once came from Blackberry too. Heck I've been on Android for almost a year and a half and I STILL get lost in menus sometimes. But that's what in the end makes Android so great...there are so many settings and options that you can do almost anything you want. You just have to remember where "that" setting was that you experimented with.. and now want to change back.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    Just search for it in the market. But if you must know, it'll be under social.
    OK, maybe I am completly lost. How do you do a search in while in the market?
  21. #21  
    Chrisy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,440 Global Posts

    Default

    Does caching a station on slacker use less battery than streaming?

    I'm coming from a blackberry too and the transition is pretty smooth.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Is anyone having problems downloading BitBop? I'm trying to but my screen says loading one minute please for the longest
  23. #23  
    ebrown126's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    I'm so lost I been here trying to set up my facebook, twiiter, etc but I dont know where to start, coming from iphone 4 this is totally new to me. I thought I had set up my Facebook but its on something called friendstream, I tried to get my twitter on there as well but don't know how, I dont even know what Bitbop is. love the phone but I feel like im back in Kindergarten
    When i set first set up Android I downloaded Facebook for Android from the Market place then I synced my contacts with Facebook and all the pics were synced with my contacts but there was a problem. All the pics were fuzzy and pixelated. They looked like Atari graphics. So I uninstalled.

    I restarted the set up and synced my contacts with Facebook for HTC Sense. This went much smoother and the pics where crystal clear. Later I downloaded the Facebook for android app in the marketplace but chose the option do not sync.
    Thanked by:
    lovy 
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brown200 View Post
    When i set first set up Android I downloaded Facebook for Android from the Market place then I synced my contacts with Facebook and all the pics were synced with my contacts but there was a problem. All the pics were fuzzy and pixelated. They looked like Atari graphics. So I uninstalled.

    I restarted the set up and synced my contacts with Facebook for HTC Sense. This went much smoother and the pics where crystal clear. Later I downloaded the Facebook for android app in the marketplace but chose the option do not sync.
    I also notice that if I choose to close facebook it says that I will have to do sync all over again
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    It will still run if your logged on.
    How do I log it off? I think I did it once but it turned back on...So if you can suggest that I'd appreciate it. I'm catching on,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B