So how is everyone liking this kick butt speaker they gave us?

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
To me it sounds absolutely wonderful! Been waiting forever to have a device where you actually need to turn the speaker DOWN for notifications, ringtones and speaker phone. Turn by turn directions sound loud and clear. I'm freaking LOVING this! :D what's crazy is that even with that kickstand blocking it you can hardly tell a difference. I think HTC ported some of the sound thru the USB port...that might be another reason for it's placement.

The ONLY issue I've had with audio(or the entire Thunderbolt for that matter) is I like to use that feature in settings>sound>audible selection.....that makes you hear a click when you make any kind of screen selection. Well I keep getting periods where the clicking mutes itself, then will start clicking again, then mutes itself again. At first I thought maybe I had an issue with the speaker but I've streamed music and Flash contend and the speaker never cuts out, so i'm pretty sure this is just a software bug.

Other than that issue I thing the Thunderbolt and it's bad ass speaker are pretty darn cool :D This speaker I think is my favorite feature of the device...

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
is the music player the same, does it have a stop button? I dont understand why out of all the different ones I have used NONE of them have a stop button, just play and pause

the X's external speaker is so dismal, I cant wait to hear this!

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
It does not have a stop button. Some 3rd party apps do though, namely pure music.

The speaker is great and the kickstand doesn't muffle the sound too badly.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This whole thread sounds like sarcasm to me lol.

Nice to see HTC putting out some good audio. Everything before now has been a steaming pile.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
There are only 2 phones I've ever heard that are louder... the OG Droid and the EVO. The EVO is only slightly louder. I'm very pleased with the speaker. I'm impressed with the overall sound. Decent bass for a phone speaker, not tinny at all.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving the speaker. I usually play music through pandora on my phone while taking a shower and I can barely hear the droid x over the shower. The tbolt is much better.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
This whole thread sounds like sarcasm to me lol.

Nice to see HTC putting out some good audio. Everything before now has been a steaming pile.
Not really sure what you mean..I didn't take any posts as sarcastic at all. I think we're all just genuinely thrilled with this speaker. May of us have been cursed with low speaker volume in the past and this is a welcome change.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really sure what you mean..I didn't take any posts as sarcastic at all. I think we're all just genuinely thrilled with this speaker. May of us have been cursed with low speaker volume in the past and this is a welcome change.

I know, I meant when I read it, I could have interpreted it as sarcasm. I'm with you on the speaker thing, both speakers on my Aria were horrible.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I know, I meant when I read it, I could have interpreted it as sarcasm. I'm with you on the speaker thing, both speakers on my Aria were horrible.
Okay I see what you mean...I went back and re-read it and there were a lot of "amazing's" in there.... I didn't even realize I used the word too .:D

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
These really are some kick a$$ speakers for a phone. I was blasting pandora earlier today and was loving it. A HUGE difference from my Storm 2 speakers.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm just happy htc finally built a phone with a usable external speaker. Every single one of their phones I've ever used has had a POS speaker.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
While the speaker on the back may work great - im not audiophile - the speaker for phone calls sounds like its blown - all staticy and squeaky.
Well that COULD be connection quality, or you could have a borked earpiece. I would bet on bad connection. Personally I'm shocked at call quality: I came from AT&T and EVERYONE who I've talked to today says I sound great, and they all sound like they're in the same room with me. I never knew I had it so bad until I joined verizon today. I still love ATT...never had a bad experience, but man do my calls sound good now on Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21