wiped my screen with a damp cloth and all hell broke loose...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My home screen started to sea saw back and forth between the other screens by itself. I tried to turn the phone off but no luck with that either. The only way to stop it was a battery pull once I did that all was good again for now at least.

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess you know this now, but for future reference, never use a damp cloth on your phone haha. A cotton T-shirt is better than nothing. I hope your screen issue has been resolved by the battery pull :)

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I've always just used the thigh of my jeans. Works perfectly. Of course, making sure your jeans are clean goes without saying.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, pull battery, and a damp micro is gold. Use specific liquid designed for electronics. Typically, it is alcohol based and evaporates in seconds.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, pull battery, and a damp micro is gold. Use specific liquid designed for electronics. Typically, it is alcohol based and evaporates in seconds.

But don't use alcohol. It tends to eat things.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ive found that Microfiber works for a very short period of time if you don't clean the Microfiber cloth itself as well. It just starts smearing the oils. I use glass cleaner and coffee filters. They have a little bit of bite, are cheap as hell, and are lint free.