TB screen rainbow?

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering what kind of screen the Thunderbolt has. Is it plastic or glass? I'm asking because today at work I notice that at certain angles I could see colors similar to a rainbow reflected on the screen. It looked just like my brother enV Touch phone which, I believe, has a plastic screen. Also, a reflection on it does not look as clear as a reflection on glass surface. I has that plastic look. So can anyone clarified this info to me. If it's plastic, I will definitely put a screen protector to avoid any scratches but if it uses glass (or even better gorilla glass) I may think about putting a protection for the screen. Thanks in advance for all your responses :).

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Did a quick Google for you and the consensus was that its glass. Opaque Aluminum-Silicone Base to be exact.

Edit: In other words, knock off gorilla glass.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
From what i hear, htc has their own version of gorilla glass that they use. It's not as touch though. You can tell if it's glass or plastic though by how it sounds when you tap it. I would like to know for sure though what it is exactly.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
From what i hear, htc has their own version of gorilla glass that they use. It's not as touch though. You can tell if it's glass or plastic though by how it sounds when you tap it. I would like to know for sure though what it is exactly.

If you have a Dremel you could test it out :p I kid, I kid. The best info I could find was basically what TreyDaPrince posted above. I do remember reading somewhere (it was a long time ago, so I doubt I'll find it) that it was less resistant to scratching than Gorilla Glass, but also less resistant to shatter. Fair enough trade, IMO... I'd rather have a few scratches that a shatter. I'm not knocking Gorilla glass in any way. I've had it on other devices and loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze