Battery life is awful

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Turn your screen brightness down. Factory default is 100%. On my incredible I started keeping it at 50% and it helped quite it a bit. If you have a good signal, then the screen will be the biggest drain on the battery. If you are not getting a good signal, the phone will constantly be searching for a signal, and the battery life will be terrible.

There is also an app called System Panel. This app monitors CPU performance, and over time if you monitor it, you can find out what things are occupying more system resources (and battery life).

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
that big fat battery is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is no way in hell i could ever put that thing on a phone that looks as good as the tbolt. absolutely ridiculous. i had hope for this phone, obviously HTC hasnt learned there lesson. as long as people keep buying their phones, they will keep doing it.

I bought that big fat extended battery as my backup battery this morning. I wanted a regular spare battery but they did not have any.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
why cant they make something like 1900 mah, I mean i would be happy with that. I dont know why they just dont release something that is sufficient but doesn't add bulk to the phone. Seidio has a 1600mah battery and I wouldn't be surprised if thats a crappy battery that is no better then the 1400 that comes with the thunderbolt.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Four hours after un- plugging it and it is at 95%. Just testing.with not much usage. Happy with it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I know has probably already been mentioned, but how do we get the extended battery for $25? Does verizon give you 50% off?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I will get one for $7.50 plus tax. I did the recycle thing from the VZW web site and am getting a $30 gift card plus I get a discount of 25% off all accessories. So you should at least check the VZW web site and see what your old phone is worth. It was an easy process and only took a total of a week or so for me to apply online, get the envelope in from Verizon, send my phone back to them and, get an email from them telling me what they valued my phone at. I got full value ($30) for my enV Touch.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You want to see good battery life? Look at this posters "time unplugged time" and "display on" time. From this thread-
Personal Battery Life Records! - xda-developers

636f4b7b-2674-c17a.jpg
636f4b7b-2692-0ecf.jpg

Shaggy80

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I know you guys don't want to hear this (you should though), but I am getting 45 hours off of a charge right now - And it's all because I am only using 3g on my thunderbolt. I downloaded the LTE OnOff app from the Market and turned off my 4g radio. 4G is awesome, but it can go itself if I can't make it through a day using it. Honestly, using 3g for the majority of the time on this phone is perfectly fine - I don't feel like the performance is compromised in any way. Plus, you can always turn the 4g back on if you want to use it for any reason. I am not BS'ing anyone by saying that I only have to charge this beast of a phone every two days, and I am still in disbelief. With the amazing battery life and performance that I get on this phone right now, I have never been more satisfied with a phone than this one. I deem the thunderbolt the best 3g phone ever.

Makaveli1490

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I know you guys don't want to hear this (you should though), but I am getting 45 hours off of a charge right now - And it's all because I am only using 3g on my thunderbolt. I downloaded the LTE OnOff app from the Market and turned off my 4g radio. 4G is awesome, but it can go itself if I can't make it through a day using it. Honestly, using 3g for the majority of the time on this phone is perfectly fine - I don't feel like the performance is compromised in any way. Plus, you can always turn the 4g back on if you want to use it for any reason. I am not BS'ing anyone by saying that I only have to charge this beast of a phone every two days, and I am still in disbelief. With the amazing battery life and performance that I get on this phone right now, I have never been more satisfied with a phone than this one. I deem the thunderbolt the best 3g phone ever.

Impossible

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

What is your current display on time? Extended battery?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I can get 200+ with data turned off on standby? Just saying! Now would someone direct me to the Motorola battery sucks threads, ha ha, kidding, just kidding. Look, 1500mah is just that, no matter how you tap it.

Shaggy80

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
No extended battery. I will provide a screen shot when I reach the end of my battery cycle before I charge to prove it. I will also provide all of the settings on my phone at this point. Two things to mention: 1. I do not use an animated background (which I'm pretty sure uses quite a bit of power). 2. I never set up the backup so it never runs. Let me point out that I just want to help people here. And, I don't think that I'm getting stellar battery life from my phone because it came equipped with a magical battery...