Never buy from Best Buy Mobile

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone from BB mobile. They are idiots.

I needed to do an ESN swap with my new phone so they said I could do it when I got home.

Nobody told me that if I put the SIM card in before the ESN swap that it would permanently ruin the SIM card making it bound to the number I didn't want the phone to work with.

So I ended up spending about three hours today between Best Buy and Verizon Wireless getting a new SIM card so my phone would work on the correct number.

BB Mobile employees are nice people but they don't know ****.

Machiavelli#AC

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I work for Best Buy Mobile and I can't speak for every store, but this is the first Verizon LTE sim based phone and no one got a chance to play around with the activation process before the doors opened. I didn't know this myself and I read every bit of news and root any phone that comes my way. The carrier store employees don't know these things either. It's launch date of a brand new service. Unfortunately you were a guinea pig in this. **** happens, get over it.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was the first in my BB store and it took some time and a couple of phone calls but they got the phone set up and I was out the door with an activated phone. You can get a lack of information or misinformation from any store you go to. New technology=learning curve for the employees. If you want to be an early adapter be prepared for the cons that go with it.

jddroid

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I was the first in my BB store and it took some time and a couple of phone calls but they got the phone set up and I was out the door with an activated phone. You can get a lack of information or misinformation from any store you go to. New technology=learning curve for the employees. If you want to be an early adapter be prepared for the cons that go with it.

QFT

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone from BB mobile. They are idiots.

I needed to do an ESN swap with my new phone so they said I could do it when I got home.

Nobody told me that if I put the SIM card in before the ESN swap that it would permanently ruin the SIM card making it bound to the number I didn't want the phone to work with.

So I ended up spending about three hours today between Best Buy and Verizon Wireless getting a new SIM card so my phone would work on the correct number.

BB Mobile employees are nice people but they don't know ****.

Wait, so let me get this straight.. tomorrow when Fedex drops off my phone, I need to ESN swap from my Storm to the TB on VZW online and then put in the sim card? I haven't activated a new phone in forever and forgot the steps.

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

This......i was first n my BB too. Dude hade to call ppl a few times just to check on things n make sure ye was doing it right....but he took his time and made sure i was happy before i left...so my point is your store just may have had a bad sales rep..but u should boycott all bb cuz u had one bad exp.

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait, so let me get this straight.. tomorrow when Fedex drops off my phone, I need to ESN swap from my Storm to the TB on VZW online and then put in the sim card? I haven't activated a new phone in forever and forgot the steps.

Yes once you put in the SIM card and power up the phone it programs the card with the number assigned to the phone and then you are screwed.

Swap ESN first - and THEN put the sim card in.

Reactions: Joe603