Yahoo Messenger problem!

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am a first time Android User coming from a BB. So maybe there is some easy fix that I do not know, if so that would be awesome, and it would be great if someone could help me out. Anyhow, I downloaded Yahoo Messenger from the market place and then when I try to get it to run after signing in it gives me this:

Sorry!

The application Messenter (process com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.im) has stopped unexpectedly. Plese try again

Force close Report

I have force closed a bunch of times trying to come back into it and I get it every time I try to start Messenger back up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times now, but I keep getting this same error. Only thing that isnt working right on my phone so far. But its getting annoying!

Thanks for any help that comes my way!

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am a first time Android User coming from a BB. So maybe there is some easy fix that I do not know, if so that would be awesome, and it would be great if someone could help me out. Anyhow, I downloaded Yahoo Messenger from the market place and then when I try to get it to run after signing in it gives me this:

Sorry!

The application Messenter (process com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.im) has stopped unexpectedly. Plese try again

Force close Report

I have force closed a bunch of times trying to come back into it and I get it every time I try to start Messenger back up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times now, but I keep getting this same error. Only thing that isnt working right on my phone so far. But its getting annoying!

May have to wait for an update. I stopped updating Yahoo Messenger a couple of months ago on my X. They keep mangling the software with each update.

You might try to find an older version of the apk and see if that works.

Reactions: shellguy05

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, don't know what happened. Just left it alone while I was sleeping. gave it a shot when I woke up and it seems to be working fine now!

SheerKon

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Thunderbolt does the same thing. But after playing with it awhile, I found out the problem having something to do with the 4G, since I could get Messenger to work flawlessly with my home wifi. I have the Thunderbolt as well, but I'm not having these problems at all.
-T

aplsucks

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problems. I uninstalled it and am using eBuddy right now. I havent tried it in 3G area or with 4g disabled yet. I might try that. But this is an apparent problem they they need to update.

CopyMan011254#AC

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Messenger has stopped unexpectedly [error message]

I too have gotten this message and have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple times with no resolve. I haven't tried forcing to 3G from 4G to see if that resolves but still Yahoo needs to fix this quickly...please!:(

aplsucks

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I too have gotten this message and have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple times with no resolve. I haven't tried forcing to 3G from 4G to see if that resolves but still Yahoo needs to fix this quickly...please!:(

Change to 3G before logging into yahoo. It is a problem with 4G. I have been using it just fine on 3G since the last time I posted.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
They recently updated and added some nice new tools. Like you can logged in on your PC and phone now and added Facebook intergration with lots of bug fixes. I would suggest trying this new version have zero issues with it so far.

Indilisse

May 1, 2011
Visit site
it only occasionally crashed for me, until it updated itself to 1.4. now every time i go to open it i get the error message, if i try to go via the notification panel it errors out.
what irritates me is there is no downgrade option in the market and i have no idea how to save one rather important conversation.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo Messenger Pictures

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has had trouble receiving pics via yahoo messenger? I used to be able to before the update but now I just get an unspecified error message when someone sends me a pic.

Phil4

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
ReChat (Android chat. Facebook, Yahoo!, MSN/WLM, Google Talk, ...)

Check ReChat (Android messenger):
- Facebook, Yahoo!?, Google Talk, WLM/MSN, Jabber/XMPP;
- group chat (Yahoo!?, Google Talk, WLM/MSN, XMPP);
- free voice calls to ANY contact;
- free SMS worldwide BETA (with replies for USA/Canada);
- plain/bubble view, font packs, send image/video, copy/paste, password, add/remove contacts.

Facebook: upload image/video, send image/video, send message (as private event or wall post).
Yahoo!?: conferences (create/invite).
Google Talk: group chat, new email notification, unread emails w/o content.
WLM/MSN: rooms (create/invite).
Jabber/XMPP: rooms (create/invite).

lonelyastar86

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Sorry!

Force close Report

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to go into your settings and into the messenger un install it then getc into your hardware files to make a wipe there then power cycle on and off and 're install not sure if it will work but make sure to dump cache and anything to do with that file

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried using Yahoo mail app several months ago but ended up uninstalling it. I don't have a solution to offer for that problem, just some advice to offer. The HTC stock mail app works really well with Yahoo and there's no banner ads! :)

svaught

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Okay not happy with updaye got this week
Invadion of privacy comes to mind. Begor it no issues. Now its pulled all photos from my s5 into the pic share tab. Cant find way to stop it or dete ones i dont want there. Also ive heard it now accessrs all call history snd co tactist but havent confirmed it. Hope someone has an answer ive tried everting i can think of even unsyc gallery

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234