Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    vdefender's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

    Default Power button doesn't "stick out" enough

    I picked up two TB's yesterday morning, and after a few hours of use, I noticed that the power button on one of them sits significantly lower is its hole than the other. And when I say significantly, I mean that it is Flush with the case and doesn't stick up at all.

    So since I only have two phones, one with a button that sticks out, and one that doesn't. Which is normal?? I assume that I just have a defect and the button should stick out more. It's kind of a pain to push it to turn the screen on.

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Mine is flush too. With use they sink. The Evo has the same issues.
  3. #3  
    superlawyer15's Avatar

    Posts
    574 Posts
    Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Mine is flush too. With use they sink. The Evo has the same issues.
    does it continue to work properly?
  4. #4  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    For the most part yes
  5. #5  
    rjpear's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default

    Same issue here with the Low Power button.. The Best Buy Guy Questioned it when turning it on... and the other guy said he didn't have an issue with one he did earlier.. but of course I walked out with the Fubared Power Button..Grr...
  6. #6  
    DJBeanPole's Avatar

    Posts
    871 Posts
    Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

    Default Power button doesn't "stick out" enough

    Thats what she said.
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    vdefender's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

    Default

    I wonder if I can take it apart and bend the metal spring out more? I'll wait for an iFix-it tear down guide
  8. #8  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    I wish it was the same button the Dinc has...
  9. #9  

    Default

    My solution... the matte black silicon case from Verizon works great for pressing the button. My philosophy is that it probably does not abuse the button as much as if you needed to jab at it to try to wake your device.

    The case has a raised portion where the button sits and has a contact to press into the button. This has worked well and without any issues for me
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me
  10. #10  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vdefender View Post
    I wonder if I can take it apart and bend the metal spring out more? I'll wait for an iFix-it tear down guide
    Unless you really know what you are doing I wouldn't take it apart. This is a common problem on the Evo, even the high ones when new after a month or so settle into the frame not sure why. You can see the switch well by just removing the battery door.
  11. #11  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Here is where mine sits and I would consider this as normal. My Evo is abouut the same. Click pic to enlarge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power button doesn't "stick out" enough-021.jpg  
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    vdefender's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    Here is where mine sits and I would consider this as normal. My Evo is abouut the same. Click pic to enlarge.
    Yep thats about how mine is. But the other TB a bought yesterday sits way higher! Well it did as of yesterday. I'll have to take a look at it when it comes home later today to see if its use today set it back down.
  13. #13  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    12,993 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    I noticed this on the TB at CES. I was hoping they were going to fix this before the final release
  14. #14  
    prakash99's Avatar

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

    Default

    I didn't have much of a problem with power button with DInc and on TB I don't have any problems powering off. But I have to hit the button a few times before I get it right and the phone starts powering up. So far that has been my ONLY problem with the phone. Battery life is not exciting but I was mentally prepared for that and is not one my complaints.
  15. #15  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash99 View Post
    I didn't have much of a problem with power button with DInc and on TB I don't have any problems powering off. But I have to hit the button a few times before I get it right and the phone starts powering up. So far that has been my ONLY problem with the phone. Battery life is not exciting but I was mentally prepared for that and is not one my complaints.
    I have this issue also. What I found was you really have to hold the button down for a good long time before the power up sequence starts for some reason.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    aplsucks's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    ROM
    BAMF GingerREMIX v2.0 B5

    Default

    i was thinking it is kinda low too. Not the easiest to press sometimes.
  17. #17  

    Default

    I had the same problem with the power button being very low, but mine was to the point where it was not pressing in. It was simply an issue of the best guy snapping the back on in a way that made the button flush. I snapped the back on a few times (trying to come from the bottom) and now it works fine.
    Electronic Engineering Technician Apprentice
    Lover Of Technology
    Gamer
  18. #18  
    Sal
    Sal is offline
    Sal's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts

    Default

    Mine seems to be a little lopsided. The power button is a little raised on its right, as you face the screen, but is flat/flush on the left side. Anyone else notice this? I'm happy with the phone otherwise so far, after a day's use. Would anyone take it back for this? I do have to press it more deliberately than my old Droid1 to get it to function...
  19. #19  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal View Post
    Mine seems to be a little lopsided. The power button is a little raised on its right, as you face the screen, but is flat/flush on the left side. Anyone else notice this? I'm happy with the phone otherwise so far, after a day's use. Would anyone take it back for this? I do have to press it more deliberately than my old Droid1 to get it to function...
    Yes mine too and I think this is due to the fact I bet the real switch button under the outer button is not in the center of the outer casing but to one side. I wish HTC would benchmark the IPhone4 it has the best switch gear I have ever seen on a phone. Thats the thing with Apple they really sweat the details to make it right.
  20. #20  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    I wish HTC would benchmark the IPhone4 it has the best switch gear I have ever seen on a phone. Thats the thing with Apple they really sweat the details to make it right.
    Including the faulty antenna? ;-) LOL ... no thanks I like to actually use my phone to make calls from time to time...
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  21. #21  

    Default

    I think it's a tough call here. They can't raise it too high or it will be hair trigger with cases that cover the button and have a nub on the underside. I bet there is a lot of discussion on this design aspect.
  22. #22  

    Default Power Button Sucks

    One thing i do not like is the small little almost invisible power button.

    Anyone notice how hard it is to hit it sometimes. Its almost below the surface of the phone/
  23. #23  
    xrussx's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottadusa View Post
    One thing i do not like is the small little almost invisible power button.

    Anyone notice how hard it is to hit it sometimes. Its almost below the surface of the phone/
    My first bolt had a sticky power button along with other issues. New one is fine.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt.
  24. #24  

    Default

    They swapped the phone without any issue?
  25. #25  
    xrussx's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikec5z06 View Post
    They swapped the phone without any issue?
    Had the button light leak. Best buy swapped it. I showed them they said ok.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions