Power button doesn't "stick out" enough

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a tough call here. They can't raise it too high or it will be hair trigger with cases that cover the button and have a nub on the underside. I bet there is a lot of discussion on this design aspect.

scottadusa

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Power Button Sucks

One thing i do not like is the small little almost invisible power button.

Anyone notice how hard it is to hit it sometimes. Its almost below the surface of the phone/

xrussx

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
One thing i do not like is the small little almost invisible power button.

Anyone notice how hard it is to hit it sometimes. Its almost below the surface of the phone/

My first bolt had a sticky power button along with other issues. New one is fine.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The low power button is unfortunatly normal for this handset. The EVO was the exact same way with just as many complaints just do a search in that forum. Its a shame it fell on deaf ears over at HTC.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The size of the body makes it hard to find for me. It's about 4mm to the left of my OG Droid. It's so flush with the body I feel I have to search for it when I need to push it.
I'm also pressing the volume rocker, with my thumb, every time as the screen comes on.

i colossus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
lol i dunno why people find this annoying. i like it being flush it looks better. and it stops from accidental pushes. aka it does what it's supposed to do.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
lol i dunno why people find this annoying. i like it being flush it looks better. and it stops from accidental pushes. aka it does what it's supposed to do.

A little weird that this is funny enough to make you Laugh out Loud. I never had an accidental button push on my OG Droid in a year and a half.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

It looks nicer, true, but if you power-cycle your phone often it will get old really fast. I did notice the TB has an option I have never seen before that allows you to restart the phone rather than shut it off then have to turn it on again (saving yourself having to press the button again.

k8t

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem too. When I first put on the cover, the power button sticks out as it should but when I press it, it doesn't spring back up to it's original position. I removed the cover and the button goes down and springs back up as normal. In its mushed down state, I have a very hard time activating the power button to turn on/off the screen. I think some Thunderbolts have a defective cover.

I showed it to the VZW reps and they said it was normal and I have to live with it. I then proceeded to just return the phone and all accessories (I only had it for a few hours). That's when the rep said they could replace my phone instead. The new phone has a properly working power button now.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
not flush against the phone for me...it does seem a little angled..like 1 side is lower then other..and i didnt notice till this thread ha....

but button seems to work perfectly fine for me

i colossus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
A little weird that this is funny enough to make you Laugh out Loud. I never had an accidental button push on my OG Droid in a year and a half.

you don't lol?
i never had that problem with my og droid either. but remember how it is designed on the droid? flush on one side then downed on the other side. and i mean like accidental in the pocket killing your battery because the screen keeps going on.

Mar 24, 2011
www.phoneology101.com
I too have this problem and I find it to be annoying. I am sure I am not the only one that looks at there phone constantly and I seem to have to find the sweet spot to wake the phone up or lock it..I have the extended battery and I think its much worse with the extended battery cover....It was not so much a issue with the standard battery and battery cover on...

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I too have this problem and I find it to be annoying. I am sure I am not the only one that looks at there phone constantly and I seem to have to find the sweet spot to wake the phone up or lock it..I have the extended battery and I think its much worse with the extended battery cover....It was not so much a issue with the standard battery and battery cover on...

I had this problem exactly and I am with you it was very annoying. Eventually my power button would flat out get stuck. I had to pop the cover off so it would spring back out. I also had really bad gaps at the bottom of the screen with bad light leaks. I exchanged mine and the one I have now is flawless. Seeing many of them have this issue I don't know if it's worth the risk for you to exchange it out or not, but I'm glad I did. It seems like some people are getting cosmetically messed up phones while others have no issues at all. It sounds like some of the batches where put together on a Friday night at 5:25 by a guy that was more concentrated on getting off work. :confused:.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to exchange my TB cause of random restarts. My new one has a much better power button. Presses better without having to reposition my hand. Weird that each TB is different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800