Thnderbolt Hotspot + iPad = Slower than 3G

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm in the Philly metro area, I just got the Thunderbolt and when I activated my 4G hotspot and connected my laptop it worked great; I got around 8 Mbps. When I connected my iPad or iPod Touch thought I got less the 1 Mbps.

I thought this to be strange, does anyone have any feedback on this one?

USMC43

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. I'm in the Boston metro area and was getting a faster connection on my iPad than my home wireless. And I was in a parking lot.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm in the Philly metro area, I just got the Thunderbolt and when I activated my 4G hotspot and connected my laptop it worked great; I got around 8 Mbps. When I connected my iPad or iPod Touch thought I got less the 1 Mbps.

I thought this to be strange, does anyone have any feedback on this one?

Well thats really disappointing to here. Because tethering from my EVO to the iPad is like heaven. I am really looking forward to getting the Thunderbolt, but I also need great wireless tethering.

Sorry I really dont have any feedback, just a little disappointed. :'(

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried your ipad/pod at another wifi connection and tested the results?

Maybe Steve Jobs possesses your Tbolt on purpose...:) Kidding.
Here are some standard fixits I was given on another site:

1. Make sure you're using WPA and not WEP
2. Make sure your iPad is assigned a fixed IP address, and
3. Set the screen brightness to max and turn off "Auto-Brightness" (not sure how this fits in to the issue)

clucernoni

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the same thing last night. My TBolt would get around 12 down, yet I couldn't stream the basketball games on my iPad. I used no encryption/security. Not sure what the deal was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781