Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

no tips to fix it, however I di have a general tip. You have to wait for it. I have a si ilar issue on my thunderbolt and on my gfs thunderbolt. It always works, it is just that it takes a really long time.

Anyone having trouble with Slacker Radio often being buggy/not loading?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

My TB has been rooted for a week+ now and this issue just started today.

Problem: My display will not turn off after a set amount of time- whether it is 15, 30, 60 secs etc. I've tried rebooting/batt pull and issue is still here.

I used titanium this morning (3am) to back up my phone. Is there something that can cause this within titanium?

This issue always happened on my DX (rooted w/ titanium) and it would go away randomly..

Solution: ??

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Cory quick question. Or anybody that has the answer the power bottom we know sucks, but mine is bad. My first TBolt was ok. Is there anything we can get or do to make it stick out more???

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

i rooted my tb almost a week ago, it was going fine, getting a good 12 hours out of my battery, but the last 2 days ive been only getting 9 or less hours, is there any way to see what is draining the battery besides the battery info?

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Wow, nice thread, Cory.

Will pass this on to a friend who just got the TB. He loves it and lives in a 4G area but complains about battery life.

Curious:

Does this phone need to be "bump charged" like the Incredible? Is that an HTC "thing" ?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Losing patience! - bump charged phone over and over, disabled GPS, no key vibration, use Advanced Task Killer after every use, screen time out at 1 min (when I don't kill manually), no sync on apps except for mail, display brightness at 20%, minimal use and dead battery by 3p. Great looking desk accessory - just don't try to use it for GPS navigation, to check emails periodically, Facebook, or search the internet unless you are permanently tethered to a power source. What good is this thing if you can't use it for what it's intened to be, a mobile device? Someone talk me off the ledge or this phone is going back! HELP!!

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

I do a whole lot more than you are, including GPS on all the time, push email from 8 to 6 PM, updates for friend stream/facebook and weather every hour, and I'm constantly in LTE at work (Our Wifi Speeds SUCK!!)
    Screen timeout at 30 seconds and if I'm not using it I always hit the power button to timeout the screen.
    I also forget to turn off bluetooth most of the time when I get out of the car.
    I'm taking it off the charger at 7AM and by 8PM I'm down to less than 20%. All on the stock battery.
    I would call VZW and tell them.
    You very well may have a defective battery.
    Thanked by:

Remove your Task Killer - that causes more problems. Uninstall it and let us know what battery life is like after.

Quote Originally Posted by dubleaa View Post
    Losing patience! - bump charged phone over and over, disabled GPS, no key vibration, use Advanced Task Killer after every use, screen time out at 1 min (when I don't kill manually), no sync on apps except for mail, display brightness at 20%, minimal use and dead battery by 3p. Great looking desk accessory - just don't try to use it for GPS navigation, to check emails periodically, Facebook, or search the internet unless you are permanently tethered to a power source. What good is this thing if you can't use it for what it's intened to be, a mobile device? Someone talk me off the ledge or this phone is going back! HELP!!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Definitely remote ATK, man.

15 hours of moderate to high usage. I'm in a strong 4G area.

What I do:
    -Turn off wifi unless u're at home/work
    -Turn off GPS
    -25% brightness unless I need it
    -Use app "LTE OnOff" to turn off 4G unless I need it for heavy FBing or browsing

Don't use task killers, its dumb. Go read about how Android handles multiple tasks and you'll see. The above should yield you at LEAST 7.5 hours to 16 hours.
    Thanked by:

On last weeks podcast, one of the guys (Chris I believe) was talking about a method of improving battery life that involved running the battery down, then plugging it in, then....I don't remember everything. It was like a 4 step process. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, do you have the link to the steps of that procedure?

I believe he called it bump charging.

Nevermind, found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Reported Problem: The following apps are not working with the Thunderbolt: VZW/Asurion Mobile Recovery, Skype, My Verizon Mobile.
    Solution: Verizon has committed to an OTA that will push a working version of Skype. ETA is 1-2 weeks. For the other apps, check the Market periodically for updates.
    Mobile Recovery is now available and working through http://www.mymobilerecovery.com/ (not in the market).

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.2

Problem: the weather widget is displaying wrong time and place.

This is now the third time this is happening and a power down nor airplane mode fix it.

I did notice that when I opened up Google Maps it did not pin point my location but seemed to triangulate my position, yes GPS was on. More interestingly I then opened up Google Navigation and that had me in Leeds, United Kingdom so this had my time as UK time.

Solution: the only thing I could do was call Vz. They said it's a knonw HTC bug that should ne fixed with the next update. They reset my data and asked me to pull the battery. That worked for now but said it was only temporary.

Reported Problem: Old version of Market app.
    Solution: Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> "All" Tab -> Scroll to 'Market' and open it, then hit 'clear data' and 'clear cache'. Then reboot and open the market and it should be the newer version. Credit biff6789

still getting old market. i'm enjoying to phone but it feels like htc wasn't ready to deploy this. which is unacceptable as it was delayed to begin with. hopefully an OTA fixes all these problems

Quote Originally Posted by bthomp21 View Post
    Ok guys, here is my problem; it happens about 2 out of 3 times. I will leave my house (wifi turned on) and when i leave the wifi zone, it takes anywhere up to 10 minutes to catch a 3g signal. sometimes, i have to go in to the settings and turn off the network signal or airplane mode. is this common or should i just turn off wifi before i leave the house?
    I seem to have the same issue. It seems to only be a problem when I leave WiFi on when I leave a wifi area. I usually remember about the wifi so i turn it off to save my battery. After i turn it off I can not get a internet connection. It does take a long time for it to come back. For now i just restart the phone.
    Let me know if you figure something out.

Hey Cory I have some information to share on your post about resolving issues...

Your original post...
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-5-update.html

Applications:

Reported Problem: Cannot disable Backup Assistant once it has been configured.
    Solution: Requires hard reset. After you complete the reset, do not reconfigure through the setup wizard.

If the TB settings is designed like the Droid X there is a better solution to disabling Backup Assistant.... Have you tried clearing the data from Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service? I posted this a while back but I cant seem to remember where but this will allow the user to clear the BA without a hard reset..

Please let me know if this helps and also if this also works on the Thunderbolt...
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brown200 View Post
    Problem: the weather widget is displaying wrong time and place.

This is now the third time this is happening and a power down nor airplane mode fix it.

I did notice that when I opened up Google Maps it did not pin point my location but seemed to triangulate my position, yes GPS was on. More interestingly I then opened up Google Navigation and that had me in Leeds, United Kingdom so this had my time as UK time.

Solution: the only thing I could do was call Vz. They said it's a knonw HTC bug that should ne fixed with the next update. They reset my data and asked me to pull the battery. That worked for now but said it was only temporary.
    Bump! I live in Central time and if I use "Automatic network-provided values" under Date & time my time zone changes from Central to Eastern to Japan at random.

Global Posts
    1,318 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When I open my messages icon. Go into All messages SMS/MMS it shows the number 2 in green. Ive deleted all my messages/drafts/emails... pulled the battery and there still not gone

Fixed it. cleared data in messages via settings/manage apps/running/messages/clear data..
    Last edited by anthony2558; 04-16-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: fixed

Default upon connect attemp, get message "driver not found"

Hi Cory,

My problem is that when I plug my thunderbolt into my pc (via supplied usb wire) the htcsync screen comes up, but it gives me the message "device driver not found"

I've looked for this driver and can't seem to find it. Am I missing something here? Do I need to do something else? Verizon emailed what they thought was my question, but they read it as if I wanted to use my phone as a storage device. !!!

any help would be greatly appreciated! (and I didn't find the answer to this on the forum, but I may have missed it.)

Default Screen Sensitivity

Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the screen. Calibration doesn't seem to help, unless I'm doing it wrong. It seems I could just breathe on the screen to activate a letter while typing or an activity. Anybody had this issue and know a solution?
    Thanks,
    Ron

Global Posts
    1,111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

For those complaining about battery not holding 100% - this has worrked for me time and again since PalmOS.

I have bought 4 of those China batteries - 2 for my Samsung Moment and 2 for my Samsung Epic and had one of each lasted only 2 hours so I tossed them and the other one of each lasted for about 4 hours each that is slowly going away.

I actually did not buy them for the batteries, but bought them so I could get the chargers that they came with - so for me it was really no loss as they were really cheap - $6'ish dollars for one battery and charger - love the chargers! All 4 chargers and 4 cheap batteries for less then the price of 1 Samsung OEM battery. I then purchased True original Samsung OEM batteries on ebay for about approximately $12 each.

Each phone has 3 batteries, 1 in the phone and 2 ready to go batteries in their own respective chargers. I simply pop a new battery in every morning and hardly ever use the corded charger unless I need a quick bump, that is if you can call the Samsung inphone charging a quick bump

I just use the standard stock Samsung batteries and simply rotate them - it works best for me and stays at 100% in the phone for at least 30 to 45min depending on light use - unlike when I charge them in the phone, and when I unplug them they always drop immediately to 96% to 98% even when I try to bump charge which is a pain in the **** and hardly ever works. This has been a problem for me since PalmOS and was cured by simply using external chargers. The batteries in my testing also seem to last longer by at least a couple of hours that way for me.

My thinking is that the small electronics in the battery and the elctronics in the phone talk to each other during charging and they for safety will not overcharge the battery or overtax the charging system of the phone. Where as an external charger isn't talking to anything at all and will continue to charge to full capacity and possibly further which is I am sure harmful to the batteries if just left in for 4months or so as I can atest to this on external chargers on all my PalmOS product (my extended Seidio batteries developed a pregnant bulge when I left them in like that), which by the way had the same symptoms of dropping battery percentage after unplugging from in phone charger.

Bottom line, if you don't want to see your battery percentage drop after unplugging, quit fooling around with this time consuming bump charge dance and simply buy an external charger and you will have 100% for at least 30 to 45min depending on light use before dropping from 100% - example of light use for me was checking a few emails, doing a couple of text messages, and running Smartbench 2010 - my 100% freshly install battery lasted 32 minutes before it dropped to 98%

Note: I do not use any battery saving apps - I do not turn off wifi or gps, I have sync always on and any other sync they requires you input a time in between syncs I have set to 1 hour and I get at least 18 to 24 hours of use in the way I use my phone - so it will be hard to tell how much time you get per charge because we all use our phone differently.

External AC chargers are the BEST!
    LG G3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    "kickstand4u" mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my LG G3!
    Rock Solid and Almost Perfect!

Had major battery and GPS issues.

Turned of VZ's gps service and battery life nearly doubled.

If I open maps before any other programs that use the GPS (Poynt, Foursquare), it works perfectly.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast