Thunderbolt Problems & Solutions Tracker + Battery Tips 8/13/11
06-12-2013 11:47 AM
- I have had the TB since 3/31 and have had no battery problems at all. For me, it was lasting much longer than the battery on my previous Incredible...that is, until that Verizon outage or whatever they said it was about 10 days ago. I had nothing but 1x connectivity on my phone for 1.5days. Called tech support and they acknowledged the outage, gave me a small refund on my next bill and said to be patient. The outage didn't really bother me much, but since the outage, my battery life stinks!!!! I can barely get 4 hours of use without recharging!
Has anyone else had any significant change recently? Any thoughts on how to remedy this problem? I want my old battery life back!05-07-2011 10:02 AM
- Didn't want to post a new topic, so I hope this is the right place. When I go into the phone, I'd like to call a contact by typing in their name, not number. For instance, I'd like to type 546 and have "Jim" pop up. Right now, the only way contacts show up is if i first start typing the number and then erase it and start over. Any clue how to fix this?
edit: it's a launcher pro issue if anyone is interested. Switched to Sense and it works fine.
solution: remove dialer from dock, add it back. problem fixed.05-13-2011 11:16 AM
- I just noticed that the recent update turned on the background update feature in the Blockbuster app. My battery life had been getting pretty bad and it occurred to me that the update may have reverted that setting to "enabled." It definitely helps when you shut it off. I may late to the party on this one, but I thought I'd post something anyway.05-19-2011 01:19 PM
Keeping a lithium-ion battery at full charge is actually bad for the overall battery life, so once your phone reaches a 100% charge it'll begin a slow discharge/recharge cycle instead. I believe the lowest reading I've ever seen immediately after unplugging mine was 95%.05-19-2011 03:22 PMLike 1
I wonder if that gives hope that once Gingerbread is released, the TB will have better battery life?
Haven't rooted my TB. I rooted my G1, ages ago, but that was only because I really wanted to be able to store apps on the memory card, and back then, you couldn't do it!
Still on the fence about rooting the TB.05-30-2011 01:14 PM
- Using friend stream over twitter/facebook widgets have noticed much better battery life. You can set it to manual updates, also you don't need to open an app to look thru statuses, and its only pushing to one widget instead of two. Just a small difference if you're a heavy social networking person like myself.06-07-2011 10:56 PMLike 1
- hi, Im new on here and got a TB yesterday. It shuts down without notice. it did it 4 times the first day I got it, and about 4 times today. what in the world is going on. I have 13 days to return it. I like the phone. however I cant function like this. I get work calls all day long, and I cant have it just shut down on me. Any info would be great. Also They told me it runs netflix at the store, but I have not been able to keep the movie playing. It starts then goes to an update that it isnt there? Cycle repeats.06-16-2011 08:31 PM
- USB car chargers only output 500mAh - regardless of their rated output. The TB will see it as a USB host (like a PC/laptop) and will not draw any more power than that. Use a 1A car charger like this $5 charger from Motorola. The Verizon charger is rated at 750mAh out. If you're in your car using Nav or more, 750mAh will not keep up. The wall charger pushes 1A - get a car charger that matches.07-01-2011 12:24 AM
- Very weird. So I got my wife a TB a couple weeks ago. As I left the store it promted me to update. I did. I'm 100% sure. Then a couple days ago she was prompted for another update! I got excited and ran to my TB cause I thought it was the GB update. She hit yes or whatever to instal but nothing was loading in the notification bar. But now her screen rotates sideways with all her home screen even the call, menu, and personolize is rotated corectley. Even the htc weather is rotated once opened and when you pinch to see all 7 home screens its rotated??? How did she do that. Ive checked all her settings and softwhere info and its all the same as mine.. Anybody know how the hell her phone does that???07-01-2011 12:57 AM
- i think this bad battery issue is related to how the Tbolt determine what percentage it has left on battery life. I had my phone shut off at around 3% ... i did a battery pull and start it back up and phone was reading 19%.
For every restart it eats 3% battery life.
just tibid info07-11-2011 12:46 AM
- The only problem I've had w/ my th was that a few days ago it stopped notifying me I had emails. I ing use it for that purpose so it got old having to open my email and refresh. I had to pull the battery to get it to start notifying me again. Other than that I love this phone. But I am new to smart phones. My last phone was a basic flip phone. The gz1. It is a solid dependable phone and I had used it for years. But I got the tech bug and had to get a fancy phone. I started rooting it and it was interrupted and won't start again. I realy want to get rid of some of the junk it came with and get netflix.07-16-2011 10:20 PM
- The last OTA update has screwed up my data connections. My wife has a TB that we got at the same time, but she didn't run the update on her phone. Now, where she gets 4G, I'm lucky to get 3G or sometimes nothing.
Took it to VZW...we've hard reset and even swapped the sim card...no joy. The store called tech support and they were aware but had no fix...said there would be a fix coming "soon"...may be forced to get another phone and try again...
The TB was great til the update...I'm NOT happy!07-17-2011 08:40 AM
- I'm also having an issue since I took the update last week. I have not seen the 4G indicator since the update. But it's weird because the 3G indicator is now in the same font as the 4G was and I do seem to be moving at speeds faster than when I was on 3G before when I initially got my Bolt (and didn't have 4G in my area yet)
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk07-21-2011 08:00 PM
- Before the MR2 I used to get 4G intermittently at home, but sometimes I got no data connection at all or it dropped down to 1X. Since the MR2 update I get steady 3G at home, which is probably better than jumping around all the time searching for different signals. The MR2 update may have been configured to screen out weak 4G connections that are not reliable enough to avoid frequent handoffs to 3G or 1X connections. This issue is likely to be resolved over time as Verizon gradually adds to and strengths its new 4G network.07-21-2011 09:13 PM
- Before the MR2 I used to get 4G intermittently at home, but sometimes I got no data connection at all or it dropped down to 1X. Since the MR2 update I get steady 3G at home, which is probably better than jumping around all the time searching for different signals. The MR2 update may have been configured to screen out weak 4G connections that are not reliable enough to avoid frequent handoffs to 3G or 1X connections. This issue is likely to be resolved over time as Verizon gradually adds to and strengths its new 4G network.07-21-2011 09:17 PM
- My phone is reborn after the last update. Aside from all the smaller improvements, the most noticeable thing is the battery life. Wow. Yesterday i charged it and took it to a Yankees game. Solid 4G service. Texting and pictures all day. No WiFi used at all. For home, several phonecalls with gf. Uploaded pictures to Google+. FB updates and several minutes of angry birds. Then fell asleep. Woke up expecting a dead phone. It was in the red but still working and total up time since last charge was 21 hours and just under 6 hours of total awake time! I feel bad for those still having such a bad time with this phone because this phone truly rocks. As of now, I'm loving this thing. I also got in some speed test results during the day and got a solid 35mbps down and 5mbps up. I'm shocked how long this battery lasted. And wished they would have gotten this update out sooner. Maybe would have prevented the initial bad press about this phone's battery life.08-01-2011 09:03 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt Problems & Solutions Tracker + Battery Tips 8/13/11
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD