Way to prop with kickstand on reverse side

dstrass

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Loving the Tbolt but have come across one thing that I would like to be addressed. When using the kickstand and viewing in landscape mode it isn't possible to use a charger. If I am to truly appreciate the media capabilities of this phone, I would like to find a way to prop it open on the other side (with the usb pointing up).

Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TifaLockheart

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
This is what happens when the designers all drive on the wrong side of the road.
I have it on the edge of a table so the charger connection is at the corner that is not on the table. I can see many drops from this but that is what a pillow is for.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
they did this on purpose, otherwise how would the sell you the media dock?

This may in fact be true, but the phone is very stable in portrait mode with the kickstand. Now I know this doesn't really work all that well with videos, but it should be fine if you are just doing audio.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Havent tried it yet, but I want to get one of those toothpick flossers, and see if I can use it to hold the stand open when its on the other side.

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got the cable wrapping down behind the phone and wedged inside the kickstand, which is enough to keep it propped open when on a flat surface. It's not very stable (when interacting with the phone), but left alone it seems to work.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
They also make angled usb cables which one user said worked for him

That was Johnboy. He posted a few pics of it, and the phone tilts heavily to one side with this methond. Probably isnt too good to have the weight of the phone supported by the charging port.

dstrass

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
These are good ideas...I envision being able to use some sort of plastic prop that will use the kickstand as a base and lock it in place. The dock would be nice, but as you can imagine, not a truly portable solution.

The case I bought has a nice ridge that would allow for a fairly secure point at which to support the phone.

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Dock isn't so bad. How often do you think you will be out and about with a home charger wanting to do something with the kickstand?

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Actually, laying the phone so the open kickstand is flat against the table which has the port pointing up works just fine. There is enough tension to keep it there, but not enough if you're interacting it with.

dstrass

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Good point. I do usually have a wall charger on hand and would like to use them rather than replacing them with all docks.

I will admit, I feel that it is something that we should be able.to do so I would like to figure it out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair