What does the 1x, 3G, 4G disappear?

bonscott393

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
mine is also jumping around quite a bit sometimes when it completely drops the the signal i turn wifi on and then back off and it picks the signal back up

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the SB county in Cali and sometimes lose all signal......I rebooted the phone and all is good. Very concerning, I hope they fix soon

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been seeing this issue exact issue in So Cal, South Orange County, for about 4hours, form about 3pm to about 7pm. Seems fine now.....hmmmmm

seanspeng

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Theoretically, the TB should switch to 3G connection when 4g is not available. My problem is that 3G never appears. I used to have the HTC incredible in my house and have steady 3G connection. Now, with 4g icon come on and off, I do not have any data connection, absolutely zero data connection.

Does YOUR phone lock in 3G and give you data connection?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the SB county in Cali and sometimes lose all signal......I rebooted the phone and all is good. Very concerning, I hope they fix soon

I'm in SB county!

And to those who said they were in LA having 4G issues, that's where I was having mine too! Maybe it's the LA network?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like it may be a California network issue. If so this is strange as I thought BMX said the LA network would be ready. I've already mentioned that I'm fine even in extended 4G coverage and I'm in St. Louis.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

msf316

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
same thing here. i went out to the gym about 1mile away from where i live and all of a sudden i didn't have 4g and no 3g or even 1x. at first i thought maybe because i am inside, but my old droid (OG droid) worked fine and was always in 3g and had a good connection. now when i check under network connections it says "connecting" and all 1x, 3g and 4g disappear.

i suggest everyone having a problem like this to call verizon just so they know that there is a problem. I know we'll probably get the "no one else seems to be having a problem" but we have to let them know.

but seems to work at my house fine. i believe it might just be a connection problem. maybe something verizon was experiencing before the release and the reason for the delay?

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am in the OC, and mine keeps jumping from 4G to 3G too with the same data issues! My hubbys data failed, but works fine in Wifi. But mine now only works for data and not wifi when his is just the opposite. Weird!

seanspeng

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
same thing here. i went out to the gym about 1mile away from where i live and all of a sudden i didn't have 4g and no 3g or even 1x. at first i thought maybe because i am inside, but my old droid (OG droid) worked fine and was always in 3g and had a good connection. now when i check under network connections it says "connecting" and all 1x, 3g and 4g disappear.

i suggest everyone having a problem like this to call verizon just so they know that there is a problem. I know we'll probably get the "no one else seems to be having a problem" but we have to let them know.

but seems to work at my house fine. i believe it might just be a connection problem. maybe something verizon was experiencing before the release and the reason for the delay?

The problem seems to be that TB fails to switch to and locks in 3G connection. This is one of the reason that caused TB release delay: hand shake between 3G/4G. Please call in and ask them to create the trouble ticket for you.

humper619

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Must be a San diego caali problem

I swear my BB had better signal than this thunderbolt when I do have Data wow it's nice but data is so damn spotty this sucks I'm in San diego I can't believe I waited this long epic fail

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I swear my BB had better signal than this thunderbolt when I do have Data wow it's nice but data is so damn spotty this sucks I'm in San diego I can't believe I waited this long epic fail

Not an epic fail, just another story that points to it being more of a network issue than a phone issue. It seems to be California for the most part. I'm in St. Louis and not having any issues whatsoever.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

djlin

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem in San Gabriel area. 4G during the AM, spotty(1X,3G,4g, and nothing) in the afternoon until about 8PM, and now is consistent 4G.

Geegolly

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing this also. I figured it was my area just working out it's LTE kinks. But then I forced my phone into CDMA only, and my 3G was also randomly disconnecting.

Pulling the battery and taking out the Sim card and reseating it seemed to fix my issue for a few hours. This may be a placebo effect though.

hacimv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Theoretically, the TB should switch to 3G connection when 4g is not available. My problem is that 3G never appears. I used to have the HTC incredible in my house and have steady 3G connection. Now, with 4g icon come on and off, I do not have any data connection, absolutely zero data connection.

Does YOUR phone lock in 3G and give you data connection?

I have yet to see 3G come up or work at all on my phone at home where on my OG droid I never had issues. 4G worked great on Thursday but hasn't since. I called verizon last night and the guy I talked to just wanted to talk about how sweet the phone is.

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am not in a LTE area so I am always using 3g data. Last night I attempted to check my email but the phone said it wasn't connected and the 3g symbol was missing. I restarted the phone and the 3g icon reappeared. This only happened once and I have had the phone since release.

-kesnik

adampetrasek

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue too. Live in Anaheim, work in Cypress. and i've had data issues with Thunderbolt and Incredible for the last month or more. Extremely frustrating! Verizon CS doesn't offer much help either. They just want to do battery pulls and update roaming, which does nothing to help