Anyone else having this problem when typing?

bryanl84

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When I type in vertical mode (happens more often the faster I type), the phone vibrates and sends me back to the home screen. I haven't had this problem when I'm in horizontal mode, however. Is anybody having the same issue, and if so know a fix? Thanks!

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
When I type in vertical mode (happens more often the faster I type), the phone vibrates and sends me back to the home screen. I haven't had this problem when I'm in horizontal mode, however. Is anybody having the same issue, and if so know a fix? Thanks!

I removed the HTC sense keyboard (well, i dind't remove it, but i disabled it). It was laggy on mine since I got it. I installed android from 2.3 and now it works fine with no lag :)

rbfromma

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe this has happened to me...but I think what was happening is that either my hand or another finger was accidentally catching the menu buttons while typing. I am coming from a BB and it is definitely something to get used to with the touchscreen.

Koato

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I almost wish the four buttons were hard press bc I sometimes hit them, but I'm already more aware of how im holding the phone.

I feel bad for people with small hands haha

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Sam.

Could you (or anyon else) please provide instructions/link on how to do this?

I'm an old fart Windows Mobile guy an' don' know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no Android babies!

Thanks, Robrecht

samsuck

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Go to market, and download "keyboard from android 2.3" the developer is Steven Lin, I have the paid version but the free one will do :)
download it, and it's not going to let you open it. So go to your menu, then settings, then select language and keyboard. then you will see "Gingerbread keyboard" be sure to put a check in the checkbox to enable it. Then go back to your messaging app, and in the space where you type, long click it (press down on the screen) and you will get a pop up saying "input method" select it, and choose gingerbread keyboard.

Voila :)

Reactions: robrecht

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Go to market, and download "keyboard from android 2.3" the developer is Steven Lin, I have the paid version but the free one will do :)
download it, and it's not going to let you open it. So go to your menu, then settings, then select language and keyboard. then you will see "Gingerbread keyboard" be sure to put a check in the checkbox to enable it. Then go back to your messaging app, and in the space where you type, long click it (press down on the screen) and you will get a pop up saying "input method" select it, and choose gingerbread keyboard.

Voila :)
Thanks, that does seem faster. There's a disconcerting warning that the app can collect all the info you type, eg, credit card numbers, passwords, etc. I'm guessing that's just a standard warning ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams