activation time?

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, almost 26 hours after purchase and the phone is still not working.
Eariler, I was waiting at the VZW Store for 1.5 hours for them to research the problem to tell me that it would activate after 24 hours, and that deadline has come and gone.

Called up Verizon Customer Service, and after 20 minutes they weren't able to push the activation through either.
They said they need to wait for the system to handle the transfer from Prepaid to Contract first, since my account doesn't exist yet.
The customer service rep said she would call me back later on.

If they can't get it activated by tomorrow, then they're getting their phone back and all the accessories too...

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
34 hours after purchase, my Thunderbolt still won't activate. :confused:

The contract account is messed up. No one at Verizon will fix it. Account MDN and Plan information are blank, account is locked, and the account transfer is stalled.
Since going in person to the Verizon store and also talking on the phone to Customer Service didn't work, I submitting a request via the Verizon website Contact page to the Phones and Accessories - Phone is Not Working section to try to resolve the problem.

Also sent an email to the store rep that sold me the phone.

It's likely that I'll just be returning the phone, and get my money back.
Wish I could enjoy it like the rest of you, but without activation, it's just a fancy $700 FM Tuner.

Julius#AC

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine on Saturday afternoon and it's still not activated. I am porting a number from ATT to Verizon, and adding it to my wife's account as a new family plan. Verizon said it could take up to three days to work. At this point the phone just says "Please wait while your phone is activating". Wifi does work.

Does anyone else have experience with this sort of number porting? Last time I ported a number a few years ago it only took a few hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12