Disable backup assistant?

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Built in Verizon app folks. Can't be removed unless rooted. however you can prevent it from syncing in Settings->Acounts & Sync

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The only way I could disable it was by skipping the Backup Assistant configuration during the phone's initial setup. Doing a factory reset will bring you back to that config screen... If you don't mind reseting the phone, of course.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine cannot be turned off either. I set the time on it to midnight so that when it runs the phone is likely plugged in and therefore no worries on battery life.

russell5

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
so any brave soul wanna try this? with all the activation issues going on im kinda worried it wont activate if i reset it...

My wife had picked up the phone for me yesterday morning and they activated it in store.

Once sh brought it to me the first thing i did was factory reset. Didnt have to reactivate it and had no problems with anything.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It will work. The terrible thing is that's what it takes :/

I did the factory reset to stop BA from syncing/synic error. I had LOOKOUT installed and backed up my phone so I didnt loss any apps. I really only had to set up my contacts and home screens again.

only took like an hour :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad