Pinkish tint on the screen, should I exchange? Update with Pics.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok guys, I love my phone but I have a question. Does anyone else have pinkish tint on the screen? I mean it seems like it is there 80% of the time. When I launch google market it goes away, but in the browser anything white seems to have a pink tint to it.

I added a line and got it from best buy but then I switched my number on the phone with my primary number. Do you guys think I should exchange it. It bothers me but only a little, but I dont want it to get worse.

The sim is attached to my number, all I would have to do is exchange the phone that is on the receipt and throw the current sim in it.

It is not going to kill me if I don't exchange it, but I heard bad things about best buy exchanges, my friends gps didn't work on droid x and I went with him and they tried to make him look like a fool by saying thats how the gps works by enabling 3g location service. I was like ok, this is bull****.

I really doubt that they will admit that the screen has a pink tint to it. Just looking for opinions on what to say or how to convince them.

Last edited:

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I would exchange it if it's really there. I haven't noticed any tinting at all. The screen is big, bold, and beautiful (as it should be). Did you try and change the scheme/wallpaper/etc? Have someone else look at it? If someone else can verify it's there then get a replacement....

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would exchange it if it's really there. I haven't noticed any tinting at all. The screen is big, bold, and beautiful (as it should be). Did you try and change the scheme/wallpaper/etc? Have someone else look at it? If someone else can verify it's there then get a replacement....

Well its definitely there. I will post some pictures in a bit.

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/photoqerv.jpg/

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/photo2db.jpg/

http://img826.imageshack.us/i/photo3vw.jpg/

Last edited:

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Alright updated with some link to the picks, click on the picks to view the original size. The google page looks exactly like that without the lines. It seems like it has pink shade all over it.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly feel like its there, even the HTC black theme seems like it has a pink tint to it. I dont know may be I am wrong. I am gonna go back to the store and see if they have a demo that I can compare it to. It might be an iphone 4 withdraw effect.

Last edited:

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you're talking about. There seems to be some pink halo'ing on some of the color circles. If that's the only place you're seeing it then I wouldn't worry about it, if you're seeing it on other pages then I wouldl take it back.

I didn't see it on the google page you had in the pic but what we see in your pics are going to be affected by too many things to give you a real answer. Especially but the quality and color balance of the monitors that we are using to view your pictures. You need to show it to others live who can see what you're seeing.

R

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the tb screen is just ok. Clearly we can't compare it to the iPhone or even Droid x. I see some of what you are talking about on the two tbs that I have. As long as you don't compare it to a device that has a good screen you are good to go. One thing my x andiphone can't do is lte and that is the sole reason I'm willing to downgrade on the rest.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the tb screen is just ok. Clearly we can't compare it to the iPhone or even Droid x. I see some of what you are talking about on the two tbs that I have. As long as you don't compare it to a device that has a good screen you are good to go. One thing my x andiphone can't do is lte and that is the sole reason I'm willing to downgrade on the rest.

Hmmm, the iphone screen is a really high standard, but I did have a droid x and didn't find that screen to be anything special at all. I find the TB screen to be much nicer than the DX screen.

R

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, the iphone screen is a really high standard, but I did have a droid x and didn't find that screen to be anything special at all. I find the TB screen to be much nicer than the DX screen.

R

Yep like I said if you don't compare the tb screen to a better screen you may not be able to tell. Compare side by side and its night and day. TB screen is dull andnot nearly as vibrant as x or iPhone. Lte more than makes up for it IMO.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing it, but then again, you took a picture of a phone, then posted it on the internet. I guarantee something was lost in all the translations.

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just take it back anyways and try to get a new one. If not it's always going to be on your conscious and you'll keep thinking about it each time you see it. Preventing you from fully enjoying it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with the screen personally. I think it's in your head, no offense ...

Just take it back anyways and try to get a new one. If not it's always going to be on your conscious and you'll keep thinking about it each time you see it. Preventing you from fully enjoying it.

Please DO NOT follow this advice. Go back to the store and ask if they see what you d if it is that important to you, but stores are now getting charged back for returns when there isn't anything wrong with the phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else have pinkish tint on the screen?

Yes - and I don't like it.

It's most obvious on a white screen. When you first power up it's definitely noticeable on the HTC screen.

It's not just the TB. I've seen a lot of phones with this. Sometimes you get one and sometimes you don't. We just happened to get ones that did. You are supposed to be able to exchange a phone for any reason within 14-days without being hassled.

If you paid full price, and ordered online, just keep ordering new ones (instead of going through that whole 1-chance replacement bull) and return the old one until you get one that's right. For $670 you should demand perfection.

Wireless Device/Accessory Return Policy

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for netbooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).

This return and exchange policy does not apply to customers who have purchased a Prepaid Plan.

Exchange New Merchandise

You are permitted to make one exchange. To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Cory, there is no such thing as perfection in anything that is mass produced. It's attitudes like that which raise prices and make carriers tighten their return policies and make things harder on all of us.

If the tech at the VZW store agrees that something is not right then by all means get it replaced, but doing so simply because you think you see something that may or may not be there is not right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1