1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7 Black

Default Boot animation lockup

Seems like the boot animation locks up for like a minute at the end and the screen is locked on the clouds for 30s to a minute. I am pretty sure this isn't normal since my D2 boots in half the time. Anyone else having this issue? Probably going to swap it out regardless, but thought I'd ask.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Same here. Fast boot doesn't seem to make a difference.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7 Black

It just worries me cause I no its not the way its supposed to be, but the phone works perfectly fine once its finished loading. When it is on the clouds I can hit the power button 3 to 4 times and turn the screen off and on, after the 3rd or 4th it finally shows the locked screen.

ROM
    Das Bamf 1.3, 1.2ghz

If the battery has been pulled, then it will "fresh boot" which takes a lot longer. The Thunder animation doesn't take very long to finish, then it seems like its locked up but its really still booting up. For example, I have CyanogenMod on my OG Droid, and it takes longer than my TB to cold boot, but the boot animation is looped so you get to see "movement" while it finished booting.

If you push you power button, and hit turn off phone, and don't pull the battery or plug it into the power then it will do a "fastboot"

I've seen the cloud pause on every thunderbolt boot, on multiple tbolts.. I am perfectly sure that it's nothing to worry about. They probably just didnt want to animate the rest of the boot

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

mines the same - sits on the clouds forever. my fast boot doesn't do a thing.

Same for me, battery pull or not. Not a big deal, though, as nothing is slowed or laggy otherwise.

Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.6.3 Remix/2.4 Lean

I'm sure it's nothing, it does the exact same for me whether it's a restart or a battery pull.
    After the sound and animation, it stays on the clouds for 30 seconds or so.
    My phone is laggy for the first 20 seconds after that...then it's smoking fast.

It is still WAY faster than any of my blackberries ever thought about booting up from a battery pull.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Fast boot does not work for me. The boot does seem to hang for a while on the clouds, but I think it is supposed to do that; just finishing loading.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bnsteele5 View Post
    Seems like the boot animation locks up for like a minute at the end and the screen is locked on the clouds for 30s to a minute. I am pretty sure this isn't normal since my D2 boots in half the time. Anyone else having this issue? Probably going to swap it out regardless, but thought I'd ask.
    This is normal, I think. Same here. I think it's as simple as the animation completes and just waits until some other program/process clears it off the screen, that's all. It's not "freezing". Fast boot will get the home screen up faster, but you'll still have to wait for the network connections etc.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Fast boot doesn't work in 3G. Software fix on the way I'm sure. In the mean time a simple fix is to go into airplane mode before turning off. Voila. Quick boot works.

If you have 4G coverage you needn't worry about this. Also fast boot won't work from a battery pull. It's like putting your computer in S3.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.